Chapter 23: Pregnancy Scare

Dixie's POV:
"Would you be happy if it turns out to be positive?" Noah questioned me as I set the test down. I did this just for reassurance, that I didn't even think about what I would do if it was actually positive.

"I don't know. I would keep the baby, that's for sure. But I don't want a child right now. This relationship just started, we don't need this right now." I was hoping when I said this, that Noah would agree, and I knew he did when he gave me a simple nod.

"How about you? Would you stay if it turns out to be positive?" I was genuinely curious. I know part a of him thinks he won't be a good father because of his own. "Of course I would stay. I mean yeah, I would be scared as shit, but I would never leave. Not you, or our maybe baby."

I smiled as he spoke. I didn't want a baby right now, but it was good to know we would still be together throughout it all if I did end up being pregnant.

Honestly, I never even thought about being a mother. In my last relationship, my ex didn't want kids, and I was always scared I would turn out like my own mother. The thought of being a mother myself never really crossed my mind.

But now, even if I don't want to have a baby. I want to live my life a little, and do things with Noah. And yet, part of me wouldn't be opposed to the idea of me being pregnant. I didn't really know how to feel about it.

"Okay, it's been 5 minutes, let's check." Noah told me as he rubbed my back. My heart was beating extremely fast at the moment, and I just knew his was too. We would turn into a family if I were to be pregnant right now.

"Let's promise that if this ends up saying positive, that we will stay with each other through everything." I held out my pinky, and smiled when he did the same. I knew that despite the results, we would stay the same, and love each other despite everything.

I flipped the test over, and when I saw the results, my eyes practically filled with tears. "Are you happy?" He asked me as I looked at him, taking my eyes off of the test. "More than happy." He gave me a reassuring look, letting me know he had the exact thought.

"We were not ready to be parents." We both let out a huge sigh of relief. Despite everything that was said, this was for the best. My body couldn't handle a pregnancy right now, and Noah definitely wouldn't have been able to handle this with the recent news he just got. It just would've been too much.

"But for the future, I would just like the say that you would be an amazing father." His lips curled up into a smile. I walked into his arms, both of our arms making their ways around each other.

"You really think so?" I could tell he didn't expect to hear what I had told him, and I understand. He's always thought so lowly of himself. "I know so. You would have and will be an amazing father one day." I nestled my head in his chest, and his hold on me tightened, only making me feel more secure.

"Well you Dixie Jane, would have made an astonishingly amazing mother. And you will one day." I blushed although he couldn't see it. "Do you want to have kids?" He asked me curiously. We had never really talked a lot this before.

"I mean, before I never really thought of the subject, but now I guess I wouldn't mind having kids with you." I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. He chuckled after I finished talking, and I just knew there was smirk on his face, even without having to look.

"So what I'm hearing is that you want to have my babies." I laughed once he finished. He always brought up the dumbest shit, and it's one of my favorite things about him. Because it always made me laugh. No matter how I was feeling.

"Yes that's what your hearing." I laughed again, not being able to contain myself. Every conversation with him just felt so effortless, and I felt like I could be myself around him. It was a feeling I had never previously felt, but wouldn't change for the world.

"I want to hear you say it." He had the biggest smile plastered on his face. I rolled my eyes in response, before giving him what he asked for. "Noah Beck. I want to have your babies."

His smile got even wider after I had finished. And as cheesy as this sounds, it made me smile too. He always made me so effortlessly happy. I'm not pregnant, but if I would've been, I wouldn't have complained. I would have had Noah by my side, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

"I love you baby girl." He gently stroked my cheeks before pulling me back into his chest again. "I love you." I mumbled softly before letting myself fall in his arms. I felt so at home.

---

DOUBLE UPDATE WOOHHOOOO!! I know this chapter is quite short but it is more of a filler. I didn't think pregnancy was what this book needed (yet at least), but I did want to slightly graze over the topic. To see what you guys would think. I hope you all enjoyed, and till next time;) love you guys <33
Word count: 948