Chapter 17: True Love

Noah's POV: I could tell my sisters voice startled Dixie. The start to this weekend was already so much for her to handle. "Hey Bro." My sister laughed as she greeted me. Even she could tell that Dixie was taken back by her sudden presence.

"Sorry for scaring you. I'm Tatum." Dixie calmed down a bit more. Tatum friendliness seemed to have help. "Sorry for getting scared. I'm Dixie." Dixie got out of my hold. Her lack of presence left me feeling cold. I find it so weird how at times I feel like the only thing I need is her.

"You guys should talk. I'm gonna go on a walk." They both nodded slightly. Dixie flashed me a smile, and I walked up to her, placing a kiss on her lips. "Have fun you two." I flashed them a quick wink before walking in the opposite direction. I heard both of their laughs behind me.

Continuing to walk, my brain was processing so much at once. Madison was not supposed to be here, and Dixie was not supposed to see her. My life with Madison in it is over, and it's been over. That was of course until my father decided he missed my ex.

My father and I never saw things eye to eye. I was never the son that he wanted me to be. In his eyes, I only ever reminded him of his biggest regret. The only person who has ever disappointed him so much. To him, all I was, and all I ever will be is a disappointment.

And for the longest time, I always tried ti change who I really was for him. I wanted to become the son he always wanted, even if I knew I never could. I damaged myself as a kid, just to try and meet his needs. But I never did. I grew up with a father who only ever knew how to constantly remind me how much of a piece of shit I actually was.

He never saw me and the guy who knew how to respect girls. Or the guy who got good grades. Or even the guy that was the captain of the soccer team, and almost went pro. He only ever saw a screw up. A person who would never be good enough for him, no matter how hard they tried.

Over time I learned to stop trying to need his expectations. I didn't care about what he did, or said to me. When me and Madison got together, I didn't care what he thought. Though that didn't matter because apparently he loved her. Clearly. When I told him we broke up after 5 years, he, instead of comforting me, yelled at me because apparently I lost the only person who would ever deal with me.

Even after being treated like shit my whole childhood, I had the tiniest bit of faith that our relationship could be restored. That he would finally see me for who I am, and not who he wanted me to be. That hope was crushed after he told me I was a nobody. A kid who would be alone in the world forever.

A kid that no one would ever love. And even know, that I have found someone, he won't believe it. He won't be happy for me, because that's not something he knows how to do. He never has. Not for me.

That's why me and my mother are as close as we are now. I only ever had her to rely on. Yes I had my sisters, but when we were younger they only ever saw me as their annoying little brother. Which is understandable. And now, I know that I have them. But when I was younger, I only had my mom.

She was the only one who expressed how much she loved me, and cared for me every second of every day. She always understood how I felt, even at times when I didn't. And she claimed all the baggage that I felt because of my father. She took my sadness and hurt, and turned it into happiness. And although it never lasted long, she always made sure it was there.

I used to wonder why she stayed with my father. But the truth is he truly loved her. He still does. He just doesn't me. And I've grown to learn that and be used to that. Maybe one day, a better relationship will spark between us. But if it doesn't, I know he'll be fine, and I will be too.

Now, not only do I have my mom, I have Dixie. I have the one person who I can relate to, and love with all of my heart without being scared. The one person who I'm never sad around. My father may not see why I love her so much, but I do. Even more than I will probably ever understand.

We both get each other in a sense that we don't even understand. But that spark, that connection we feel now, it was always there. Ever since that night in the bar. That night was the night that she became mine, and the night that I became hers. All hers.

---

"How are you and my sisters getting along?" I stroke Dixie's hair as she lays on my chest. We just got in my room, after finishing dinner. "Amazing. I love both of them already." She spoke with excitement. I loved hearing how much she enjoyed their company. Her loving my family was all I could have ever asked for.

"You still love me more though, right?" I pulled my lips into a pout, my voice full of sarcasm. "Duhh." She kissed my lips playfully. It's in the moments like these I am grateful for her. When I truly realize how far my love for her stretches.

"Do you wanna hear about my father?" I asked her suddenly, surprised that I even said those words. But it felt right. She deserved to know. "Do you want to tell me?" Her voice was soft and sweet. I could tell she cared more about if I was ready, rather than telling her.

"Yes I do." I smiled looking down at her. She lifted her head up as a response that she was ready to listen. And she gave all her attention to me as I started to talk. My voice was quiet. This was a sensitive subject to me. And I don't ever talk about it other than to myself at times.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that baby." She caressed my cheek lightly as her eyes showed sadness. My sorry affected her, and I couldn't have been a more pure moment. I fell in love with her even more after seeing how much she truly cared for me. It was something I didn't rally understand until now.

"I know how it feels. To be neglected by your parent." Her words brought comfort to my heart. Hearing her speak brought comfort. "You have me. You always do and you always will." She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I know baby. I love you." I spoke softly. This whole night with her was perfect. Even throughout everything that happened today, she stuck with me. She didn't let Madison get the best of her, and she stayed. She comforted me when I needed her. And she loved me. Loves me.

"And I love you." She laid her head back on my chest softly. Her eyes after to close, her breathing getting more and calm. After admiring her for a few minutes, I did the same. Falling asleep with peace and love. The only thing that I've ever wanted, and truly needed.

---

Hey lovessss!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did!! Also, please don't force me to update. I said I would try everyday, but if I see one more person begging me to update when I clearly said I would, I won't anymore. As much as I love that you guys love my stories and want more, your putting unnecessary pressure on me. That's all:) I love you guyss<3
Word count: 1375