Chapter 18: Mine

Love. What is love? People say it can be the best thing to happen to you. And yet others say it could be the worst. So what is it?

When people typically read about love and romance, things are always so perfect. The love they those two felt for each other was like a brain function. Like it was needed to function properly.

Dixie went majority of her life not knowing what true love felt like. She never knew what it felt like for something to be there for you. To respect and value you. To love you. To cherish you. She had only ever learned how to be hurt. Abandoned. Heart broken.

She didn't grow up with a loving mother. She didn't have a support system when she needed it most. She didn't have a boyfriend who loved her with all of his heart. She had only ever had a piece of shit.

Her father was taken away from her at a young age. The only person who she shined a little bit of light through her, was forced to leave her. To never see her again. So yet again, she was left all alone. In a world where people are not what they seem.

She had to fight cancer all alone. And she couldn't even do that without feeling like it was her fault. Her childhood was all sorts of fucked up.

She never had a good mother and slaughter experience. The memories of her and her father are held on by a thread. And the only relationship that she had ever had, couldn't have been worse than it was. She was treated like absolute.

And like Noah, she was always trying to meet others needs. She always wanted to be the women everyone dreamed of her becoming. But she never did. Instead, she became someone better. She became a fighter. A strong woman who has been able to fight for herself her whole life. Even at those times when she was weak. She never stopped fighting.

And she didn't. Or until she met her love. Her one true love. Noah Beck.

Now, she finally gets to experience that fairy tale love that everyone is anyways talking about. The one that consumes a person. One that you would never, ever be able to feel with anyone else, expect for that one person. Your soulmate.

---

"Dixie Jane Damelio." Noah took a deep breath standing before Dixie. His hands were shaking as they held her own. He had been waiting for and planning this moment for what seems like forever. "You told me what your life was like. How fucked it was. and you also told me that I would never understand you."

"But I do. I understand you more than I understand myself. Ever since the night that I met you, you shined a light in my life. You skied need as little glimmer of hope that maybe my life could take a turn for the better. And it did. With you."

"I have learned how to do something that I know realize I was never able to experience before. To love. I was so consumed in what I thought was love because I wanted so badly to feel happy, that I never saw all the lies. And all of the times that I was pretending to myself. Convincing myself that I loved someone I knew I never did."

"All my life I have always thought if myself as a disappointment. A person who was not worthy of finding happiness. Finding someone as good as you. I thought that, as cliche as it sounds, I would be alone together. With no one to love, and no one to love me."

"And yet here I am today, standing in front of the woman who tuned my whole world upside down. A girl that I love more and more everyday. The girl that I let take my heart." He took a breath that he was holding in.

"I know we both have our issues. And we are all sorts of fucked up. But with you, every day just seems to get better. And that glimmer of hope isn't so little anymore." He started to caress her cheek softly.

"We said we were going to take things slow. That one day we would hopefully be together. But as everyday passes by, I feel the need to make you mine increase. The need to be able to call you mine. To love you like your mine. Only mine." Dixie looked up at him, small tears forming in her eyes.

"I need you. More than I have ever needed anyone in my entire life. Dix, will you be my girlfriend?" A huge smile formed in her face. Her eyes were widened due to the shock, even though she knew what was coming.

Without being able to say words she jumps on him, kissing him with every thing that she had in her. Showing him that she was all his, and had been for a while.

He kissed back, reacting to her almost immediately. It was a typical brain response at this point. It's as if he didn't have any control. "Is that a yes?" His voice was shaky, and although he already knew her answer, hearing her say it was what she truly desired.

"YES!" Her voice was louder than ever, her rams waving up in the air. The smile I'm her face couldn't have been bigger. She couldn't have been happier. Nothing could have been more important.

Their lips were claimed together once again, both of them falling deeper for each other by the second. Every touch. Every word. Every kiss. It all made them fall more and more for each other every day. Every minute. And every second.

"I have something for you." Dixie feet finally hit the ground again. She was confused. "I was really hoping I could hugs this to you." He pulled out a box with a ring inside of it. The ring was silver with flowers engraved all around it. And on the inside it said..

"N+D 07/25/21." Dixies breath hitched as she read the engraved part. "How long have you been panning this." The last word came out as a slight laugh. She was in disbelief. "For a while now. I knew I wanted you the second I laid eyes on you."

They both smiled looking at each other. "I love you Dixie." He caressed her cheek once again. The action made her soft, feeling like a pile of mush under his touch. "I love you Noah." She kissed him, feeling the most love that she had ever felt in her life.

That night at the bar, was just the start of an epic love story. But now, there's so much more to come. And so much more to love.

---

Hii lovesss!! I said I wasn't planning on updating today but I couldn't sleep and so I started writing, and here we are now. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Now that they're finally official, I have so much more to come!! I love you all so much. Till the next update;)
Word count: 1202