Chapter 19: Contract

Noah's POV:
"Is it that urgent? I have work tomorrow." I paced around my living room while on the phone with my mom. Dixie had gone to her apartment to get some more clothes, and I was left alone. "Okay fine. I'll be there tomorrow." A sigh left my lips as I hung up the phone. My mother had called me, saying that my father was in the hospital. As much as I'm not fond of my father, I still care for him, and at times like these I will always be there by his side. Even if he was never there for me.

"Hi baby." Dixie spoke softly as she entered the room. My body tensed up as I knew I was going to have to tell her that I needed to leave. "Hi beautiful." I smiled at her cuteness. I was so hung up on her, even if she did absolutely nothing. "What's wrong?" Her hand ran up my arm, rubbing it softly, relieving the pressure I just felt. "I have to go home." I told her quickly, deciding to get it off my chest.

Her facial expression showed disappointment, as if she automatically knew what I was going to say next. "Alone.' I told her softly. "My mom said it was urgent, and I don't want you to not go to work just because of something that I can get over with easily." Her eyes still showed a little bit of disappointment, but her body leaned into my touch. "How long are you going to be gone?" She spoke softly as her face was buried into my chest. "Like 2 or 3 days. I promise I won't be gone for longer. I can't be without you for that long."

I grabbed her face gently, squeezing her cheeks slightly. I didn't want to leave her, but I had to. "I'm going to miss you." Her voice was so soft as she spoke. It was adorable. "I am too baby. But I'll be back before you know it." I kissed her lips gently, taking my time with the kiss. I knew that even if she said she was fine with me leaving, deep down she hated it. I couldn't blame her, I did too.

"Okay I love you so much, but I have to go." She made her ways into my arms, melting into them. Apart from that night I met her, she was complete mush with me, and I couldn't be more grateful that I was the one person she's herself around. We're both better people when we're around each other. "Okay my love. I'll see you soon." She gave me a quick kiss on my cheek, before I pulled her into a deep kiss. It was the last time I was going to be able to kiss and hold her for a few days, and I needed to make the most of it.

After a few more seconds holding her in my arms, we parted. It was clear we were both sad about my departure. But if it wasn't important, I wouldn't be leaving. I walked out the door, not wanting to look back knowing we would both run into each other's arms once again. I wasn't going to be gone for long, but anytime spent without her hurt. I was used to having her with me, as most of the time we spent apart from each other was while we were at work. And even then, I couldn't wait to have her back in my arms.

---

Dixie's POV:
It's been a day since Noah left, and as every hour passes by, I grow to miss him more and more. I was so used to seeing him everyday. Kissing him everyday. Touching him everyday. I missed him. He was like my medicine. The one that kept me going, even when I thought I couldn't.

It was unusual not having my daily dose of Noah, because It became my routine. It was something that I grew to become used to.

I know he left for an important reason, even though he didn't tell me specifically why. He wouldn't have left me even if he had a choice, but either way being without him hurt. He's my only source of light on the dark path that I am on. And without him here, I feel like my light burnt out. My patience without him here is running out. This is why in this exact moment, I knew that he was the one for me. The one that I belonged with.

Even after all of the shit I have been through, I was able to find the best out of things when I was with him. All of the things that I had previously found pain in, seem to not hurt as much anymore. I look back at my past, and am thankful because of the woman I became today. I was weak, and I was pathetic, because I chose to listen to everyone else. As much as I hated everyone for putting me down, I never did anything to stop them.