18.

Stiles parked the Jeep at the animal clinic and climbed out of the vehicle. We all got out of the the car. Derek headed directly inside, I was about to do the same when stiles pulled my hand to stop me from going inside.

"What was that about?" stiles said referring to me sticking up for Derek in the car earlier.

"What are you talking about?" I shrugged.

"You and Derek, do you like him or something" he asked close to my face.

"Stiles seriously?" I asked really confused why he was asking me this.

"Yes seriously"

"Just because I'm sticking up for him does not mean I like him" I said annoyed. Can I not just be a decent human being?

"You're sticking up for the bad guy?" He asked confused.

"He is not bad stiles, what he does yes it's bad, but not him"

"Then what is he?" Stiles said.

"He's misunderstood, he is just craving something he has never had. A family, money, love, power. He's craving it because he doesn't know what good is, but he wants to I can tell. He's just going about it the wrong way" I said spat out tired of them making Derek out to be the bad guy.

"Even if it means destroying something or hurting someone in the process" stiles stated while squinting his eyes at me.

"He's just never learned how to do it any other way. It's all he knows. Give him a chance stiles" I turned from stiles walking into the clinic. He let out A deep breath and followed me into the clinic.

When we walked into the clinic Derek was sweating heavily.

"Derek what can we do to help?" I asked concerned.

"the only thing you can do is if Scott doesn't make it with the bullet on time you're gonna have to cut of my arm" he nodded out breath.

"Oh my god, no way I'm not doing that" stiles said freaking out.

"Don't be such a wuss" I laughed.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek said disappointed almost.

"No, BUT I MIGHT AT THE SIGHT OF A CHOPPED OF ARM" stiles yelled. I let out a laugh and got myself together because Derek was like actually gonna die if we didn't do this.

"God, Derek I don't really wanna cut of a arm either is there something we can do to avoid this" is said awkwardly talking with my hands while I spoke.

"No" he said dead serious. He then grabbed something to tie around his arm causing his veins to pop up out of his skin. I turned my head and gagged.

"Who's the wuss now" stiles said rubbing my back while I tried not to throw up.

"I thought you were the tough one" Derek said to me.

"I usually am I just hate veins, and bones" I said sitting up.

"Isn't your mom like a doctor? You should be used to this stuff" Derek asked.

"Nurse" I corrected him. "And no I'm not used to this stuff" I paced the room thinking of what to do.
"You know what, I can do it" I shot stiles and Derek a fake smile.

"Great" Derek sarcastically smiled back. I picked up the saw about to start it when Scott walked through the door.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" He asked confused.

"Oh thank god" I sighed putting down the mini chain saw.

" you just prevented us from a lifetime worth of nightmares" stiles smiled and patted Scott on the back.

"Did you get it?" Derek asked Scott about the bullet.

"Yeah" Scott replied fishing the bullet out of his pant pocket. Right as Scott was about to hand Derek the bullet, Derek fainted and collapsed to ground. Which caused my klutz brother to drop the bullet into the drain on the ground.

Me and stiles ran over to Derek while Scott tried to grab the bullet.

"Derek" I said while shaking his face aggressively Kneeled down on the ground next to him and stiles.

"Oh god he's gonna hate me for this" stiles mumbled.

"Stiles what are you do—" stiles then punch Derek in the face causing Derek to dart up from his position on the ground. Me and stiles flew back and gave Derek room.

Ironically at the same time we got Derek to wake up Scott got the bullet. Scott ran over to Derek and handed him the bullet.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Scott asked.

"Just watch" Derek said cracking the bullet open and spreading the inside powder on his bullet wound. We all stood around Derek waiting to see what would happen. When suddenly the wound healed and disappeared.

"That was AWSOME" stiles said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, yeah" I said dragging stiles out of the clinic by his arm to the jeep. Scott was gonna drive Derek, I don't know where but somewhere. while Stiles drove me home.

I climbed into the passenger seat and shut the door. We drove home and didn't really talk much. It wasn't a awkward silence but a comfortable silence. I felt my eyes getting heavy and everything going dark and I fell asleep.

STILES POV

I parked the jeep and looked over to see Aurora sleeping. I got out of the jeep and walked over to her side. I opened the car door and carefully lifted her up and carried her to the front door. I knocked on the door quietly because it was locked and I left my key in the jeep.

Melissa opened the door and looked me up and down carrying her sleeping daughter. She smiled at me and said " thank you" then stepped aside gesturing for me to come inside and bring Aurora upstairs.

I nodded my head and gave Melissa a smile and carried Aurora upstairs.

Once I got to her room I gently laid her down took of her shoes and covered her with one of the blankets on her bed. I stood over her and smiled. She is so pretty, without even trying to. I went to leave when I heard Aurora.

"Stiles" she said quietly.

"Mhm?" I turned back around to look at her.

"Can u please stay" was that even a question? If she hadn't fallen asleep in the car she probably would've asked to come to my house, and I would've said yes as usual. I know this probably sounds weird but it's hard to not sleep in the same bed as her now. I get bad sleep when I'm without her. It probably sounds so weird.

I kicked off my shoes and crawled in bed next to her wrapping my arms around her. I nuzzled my head into her neck and shut my eyes.

"I like you" she said tiredly not even fully conscious.

"I like you too" I laughed and then shut my eyes and yawned.

This is so strange me and Aurora. Because people are usually one of my biggest fears, even with all of the supernatural things happening, I still fear people more. I don't fear them as a person. I fear them as a human being.

People are nice, they make friends, they hang out, they are happy. But why can't I ever make friends? I have Scott but he's more like a brother.

I can't make friends. I'm to awkward I can't hang out, I'm not used to the crowd. And the last question, am I happy? I don't really know but I know one thing. Aurora makes me happy, and I can't loose that. Ever.