40.

I woke up normally, not out of breath, or stabbed. Thankfully. Stiles had his head on my stomach. We had slept in, the clock said it was around 2pm. I'm surprised my mom didn't wake me up. I looked around the room And let out a loud scream.

Derek was asleep in the chair in the corner of the room. Derek and stiles both shot up and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked freaked out.

"Derek" I said looking at him "you scared the shit out of me".

"I told you either me or Scott will be watching you, or near you from now on" he shrugged like he wasn't super creepy at all.

"Yeah I know but I didn't expect you to be here in the morning". I looked at stiles, then I looked at Derek, then I looked at stiles again, and at the same time me and stiles bursted out into laughter.

"You guys are so childish, I'll wait outside for you Aurora you need to change we have to go" I nodded my head and watched him leave the room. I sighed and got out of bed. My mom left a pair of clothes for me in the bathroom. I limped my way over to the bathroom, I don't know why I wasn't using my crutches it would probably be a lot easier.

I slid the hospital gown off of my body and put the fresh pair of clothes on. I hope I never have to put one of these hospital gowns on again. I've been to the hospital so many times in the past couple of months.

I lifted my shirt and examined the bandage wrapped around my sides. I don't want to think about what happened, I've been thinking about it too much and I'm annoying myself. I pulled my hair back and brushed my teeth.

I walked out of the bathroom and looked for my black vans on the ground. They were sitting on the floor next to the bed.

"Stiles can u grab my shoes? I can't bend over".

"That's a shame" his face went red and he opened his eyes widely "god did I just say that out loud".

"You did, now grab my shoes" I laughed. I laced my shoes up and followed stiles out of the room to get Derek.

"Ok, we're ready" stiles said with his hands in his pockets.

"Okay let's go then" Derek turned and started walking until he realized I couldn't keep the same pace as him and stiles. He sighed and lifted me up, carrying me down The hospital hallway.

"Thanks" I cheekily smiled at him.

"Mhm" he smiled and rolled his eyes.

"You know I could've carried you" stiles shrugged jealously.

"Stiles we've already talked about this" Derek said turning his head to look stiles directly in the eyes.

"Yeah, yeah" stiles mumbled rolling his eyes at him.

"Hey, Derek where are we going?"I asked realizing I had no clue where we were even going in the first place.

"I bought an apartment complex, and I live there so you'll be staying there until further notice" he said in a strict tone. We got to the car and he slid me in the front while stiles climbed in the back.

"You bought a entire apartment complex?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, the entire thing" he said starting the car and driving off.

"But you don't even have a job?" Stiles asked, just as confused as I was.

"Family money" he shrugged.

"What am I supposed to tell my mom?" I just realized, what the hell am I supposed to say to her?

"Tell her the truth if you have to" Derek shrugged.

"Oh yeah by the way mom, Scott's a were wolf and here pretty soon people are going to be trying to hunt me down, and kill me because my blood cures a werewolf bite" I said not very amused with myself or him.

"Obviously not like that" he said looking at the road.

"Maybe we can just have Scott do it" stiles shrugged.

"Yeah sure Scott will probably scare our mom half to death if he explains it to her".

"Well I can help" Derek shrugged. "We're here" he said pulling into the apartment complex building. Scott was waiting outside for us.

"Hey how are you feeling?" He ran up to me helping me out of the car.

"I was fine, until I realized we're either going to have to lie to mom, or tell her the truth".

"I'll stretch out the lie as long as I can until she starts to suspect something" he said lifting me up. I'm so tired of not being able to walk correctly already. There are people after me and I cant even walk up a flight of stairs.

Scott carried me to the apartment and stiles and Derek followed behind. We got to the front door and Scott set me down. Derek pushed his way to the front to unlock the door. Which had 6 different kinds of locks on it. He pushed the door open and we all piled in.

The place was nice, I'm glad it was, because I wasn't gonna stay in a total dump. I was scared he was gonna take me to that burnt house at first.

"So Aurora, Scott, and I guess stiles sit down" Derek instructed. I sat down on the brown leather couch and crossed my legs placing a couch pillow on my stomach. I don't know why I do it every time I sit down on a couch but I do.

"Let's talk about protection" he smiled. Stiles nearly choked. "Not that kind of protection you skinny horny bag of bones" he sighed.

Derek got up and walked over to a safe the size of my closet. He entered in a code and it cracked open. He opened the black metal safe door to reveal a entire armory of weapons.

"Scott I'd give you a gun but you go to school, and you'll be fine you've got an advantage. Aurora I'm going to leave a smith and Wesson in the coffee table for when you get back here, and if you ever need to use it" Derek  reached for another item in the safe and threw it at me, Scott caught it and handed it to me, because it was aimed at my face. "That's a taser by the way" he said pointing at me.

"I know what a taser is Derek" I rolled my eyes.

"And for you princess" he said throwing something at stiles.

"Oh come on Derek?" Stiles said lifting up a bottle of mace.

"Would you prefer a shotgun instead?" He smiled at stiles.

"I mean yeah-"

"Well you're not getting it until you can prove you even know how to shoot one" Derek said turning around and closing the safe. "I'm going to tell you three the code to that safe once and I mean it so you better remember".

After him repeating the code to me 20 times I think I got it.