I.XXVII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN•THE ALPS•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
•THE ALPS•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house," Phillips stated, looking over the atlas before turning to the others behind him. "He thinks he's a god, he's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the USA." The Colonel pointed towards the country on the map and then turned towards Elenara.

"You don't happen to have a god radar built in you, Reyes?" An exhale mimicking a chuckle left her red lips. The other were just as curious and turned to her, waiting for her to answer.

"You could say I do," She nodded, feeling their curious stares on her. "But I haven't felt the presence of another god in 400 years." Steve noticed a small frown crawl over her face. Elenara felt the twinge of guilt that laid dormant in her chest rise from its slumber.

From under the table, he placed his hand on her knee. Slightly startled, she turned to him and offered him a small smile and placed her hand over his, affectionately rubbing her thumb against his skin.

The gods could choose to come back, they didn't die, but are merely resting. Perhaps they felt that the humans no longer needed the gods. After all, no one prays to them anymore. What would be their purpose?

"See? A complete nut." He confirmed, bringing her back from her thoughts.

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities," Howard announced as he came towards the table, taking a seat and leaning forwards. "He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour." Everyone visibly tensed at his words and they remained silent for a moment, deep in thought.

"Mierda." One of the twins silently exclaimed, breaking the silence as they simultaneously rubbed their tired eyes.

"How much time we got?" Gabe asked.

"According to my new best friend," The Colonel put down a file he was looking at on the meeting table. "Under twenty four hours." Elenara internally cringed at the timing. Hopefully they come up with a good plan and quick.

"Where's the nutcase at now?"

"Hydra's last base is here," He pointed at a picture of an icy mountain, before tossing it to Morita. "In the alps five hundred feet below the surface."

"So what are we supposed to do? I mean, it's not like we can just knock on the front door." Everyone silently agreed, Steve , however, had different thoughts.

"Why not? That's exactly what we're gonna do."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪