I.I

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER ONE // AT EASENEW YORK CITY, 2011 ≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER ONE // AT EASE
NEW YORK CITY, 2011
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

A pair of bright blue eyes began to flutter open. It took a solid minute or so for his eyes to focus in the strange room he was in. It felt like he hasn't opened his eyes in years. His limbs felt so incredibly stiff they ached.

How could you feel so well rested yet so tired at the same time?

"Curve ball, high and outside for ball one. So the Dodgers are tied, 4-4. And the crowd well knows that with one swing of his bat, this fellows capable of making it a brand-new game again. Just an absolutely gorgeous day here at Ebbets Field. The Phillies have managed to tie up at 4-4. But the Dodgers have three men on. Pearson beaned Reiser in Philadelphia last month."

The soldier's eyes scrunched up in confusion. The Phillies and the Dodgers?

Where does he remember that from?

As he struggled to get up, a wave of memories instantly flooded his vacant mind. The plane crashed... how was he?

Elle

Where is Elenara?

Her last words to him echoed clearly in his head, sending a ripple of warm sensations in his heart.

Steve. . . I love you.

The sound of busy traffic knocked him out of his thoughts. As he turned back he focused his ears on the radio, a slight static invaded the announcers words.

"Wouldn't the youngster like a hit here to return the favor? Pete leans in. Heres the pitch. Swung on. A line to the right. And it gets past Rizzo. Three runs will score. Reiser heads to third. Durochers going to wave him in. Here comes the relay, but they wont get him." Steve felt his heart beat quicken. He was there the day of the game with Elle and Bucky. That was a few years ago, why is it on the radio now?

Where the hell was he?

"Good morning." An unknown woman enters the room while flashing him a smile. Steve remains silent and intently keeps his eyes on her, watching her every move. The agent lifted her wrist and checked her watch that read otherwise. "Or should I say, afternoon?"

"Where am I?" He asked, suspicion lining his words.

"You're in a recovery room in New York City ." She answered. Steve closely watched her with wary eyes.

"Where's Elle?" The agent yet again smiled, much too gleefully for his liking. It seemed too fake. . . too forced.

"Agent Reyes isn't here at the moment." Steve's head snapped to the radio.

"The Dodgers take the lead, 8-4. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game indeed." The soldier narrowed his eyes at her in doubt.