I.XXV

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE•THE HOWLING COMMANDOS•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
•THE HOWLING COMMANDOS•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

For the weeks to come, the Howling Commandos destroyed nearly every Hydra base on the map. They always came back to the SSR base with a valient victory. There was a group of them, yet they were more than enough to fight against the Nazis.

"Ahi vienen los culeros."
"Here come the assholes." José muttered to Elenara. With a quick nod she turned her head, eyes flashing turquoise to signal to the rest of the group. Although the white clouds of fog were extremely thick, her eyes were bright enough to penetrate through.

Jacques sprinted with an explosive at hand, lying directly underneath the tank and planted the ticking bomb. The group covered their ears for the oncoming explosion.

A loud 'bang' resonated in the forest and a storm of fire erupted. Jacques merely laughed and clapped his hands together, meeting his companions matching smiles.

Agent Carter sat in a meeting room alongside Colonel Philips. A projection was plastered on the wall of a film that was taken recently of the Howling Commando's progress. The squad were all huddled on the hood of a jeep as Captain Rogers pointed at locations on a map. As he pulled out his compass, a picture of Elenara was glued to the top. The man who filmed didn't fail to capture Elenara's shocked face. A of mixture of emotions merged into conflict in her eyes for the moment they shared a glance before she stoically turned away.

The number of Hydra bases were diminishing and it wouldn't be long before they could head back to base. Elenara silently trudged through large rocks as they headed for another Hydra lair. A blue-green flash of light caught her line of vision as she crouched down. Xiuh climbed up her arm and quietly hissed in her ear.

"Xiuh hasn't seen anyone. They know we're coming," She announced for the men to hear. "Keep a look out, they can come out at any moment and attack so stay alert." The Howling Commando's nodded, keeping their rifle close, ready to shoot at any attacker. Steve sighed in despair as she sped past him, not even sparing him a glance.

It has been weeks since she has even spoken to him. Her silent treatment was killing him.

"What the hell, Steve! You do the first thing I tell you not to do!"

"I know, Buck-"

"Do you!? It's been a day, Steven. A single goddamn day and you pull this shit!"

Steve released a deep sigh, Bucky's lecture resurfacing in his mind. The Captain understood very well why Bucky reacted the way he did, but to him it was bit. . . excessive. He felt as though there was a deeper meaning behind his words and he had a difficult time shaking it off his mind.