I.XX

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWENTY//RED SKULLAUSTRIAHYDRA CAMP≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY//RED SKULL
AUSTRIA
HYDRA CAMP
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Run on my mark! I'll cover you!" Blasts of blue energy came at them rapidly as they squished their bodies together against a large pillar, wincing at every bullet that passed them. Steve readied himself to sprint to the exit. Elenara gripped Xiuh in her palm and peeked her head out as a few began to reload their ammunition.

"Now!"

Steve launched himself through the opening, towards the door at the end of the facility. Elenara spun her staff as fast as she could, the beams of energy reflected off it and aimed back at them. Hydra agents immediately stopped firing and jumped for cover. Her turquoise eyes widened as she saw a man disintegrate from thin air.

That's what it does? Erase men from with a single touch? That energy wasn't made by humans. How did they get a power such as that?

"C'mon!" His call for her broke her from her thoughts. Beads of sweat gleamed on her forehead and strands of hair flew from her braid. She forced her legs to charge forwards before they fired another round of energy. Side by side they ran towards the end of the facility fighting off any Hydra agents that came their way.

Bucky was alive. He just had to be.

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

As they walked down a narrow hall to catch their breath, they caught a man run away in fear. The pair shared a look before dashing down the hall.

"He's gone." Steve said incredulously. How far could he have gotten? A groan caught her ear and she pulled on his arm in the room he fled from.

"Sergeant. Three-two-five-five-seven."

"Jimmy!" Tears of happiness fell from her eyes as Bucky lay on a table as a green light hit his skin.

"Bucky!" His eyes almost seemed lifeless, like as if he was in a trance of sorts. Steve caught the straps that held him down, pained to even think what they were doing to him.

"Oh, my God." They ripped off the leather straps with ease. The tight sensation from his wrists and legs went away and he exhaled in relief. The light in his eyes returned and was removed from his trance.

"Is that. . ." Bucky saw Steve, only he was bigger and muscular. He squinted his eyes, expecting for his small frame to return, but he stayed the same.

"It's me." Steve exhaled in relief.

"It's Steve." Bucky's eyes wandered to the silhouette next to him. "Elenara?" A sudden blush overcame his pale cheeks as memories of their last encounter flashed in his head.