I.XI

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CĪTLĀLMĪNĀ CHAPTER ELEVEN// SPOTTEDS

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CĪTLĀLMĪNĀ
CHAPTER ELEVEN// SPOTTED
S.S.R LAB
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

Red flames burst from above, spilling heat over them as glass rained upon them like angry rain droplets.

"Elle!" Steve shielded her with his body from the falling shards of glass.

"Stop him!" The sound of a gun rang throughout the lab. Elenara watched hopelessly as Dr. Erskine's face went blank. Stains of red seeped through his white coat and he fell with a thud onto his knees. Her eyes burned brightly, swirls of turquoise invaded her orbs.

Peggy managed to shoot him, but it did nothing to slow him down.

Elenara felt Xiuhcoatl uncurl himself from her wrist, making his way to her palm. Her staff sprang from her hand and she pulled back her arm and launched it, aiming directly for his head. Her narrowly missed it and she grunted in frustration. Her dangerous turquoise eyes softened into her normal brown.

"Doctor. . ." Elenara kneeled beside Steve who held him in his arms. He was much to weak to speak and shakily held up his finger and jabbed him repeatedly on his chest. With furrowed brows she watched in confusion their transaction. He breathed out one final breath and his eyes closed as his body fell limp.

"Gods, no." A muffled cry left her lips as she leaned on Steve's shoulder for support. She sniffed and wiped her tears as anger filled her vision.

"Elle, your eyes are showing." He told her in a hushed tone. There were many important and powerful people in the room with them, if they saw her they might isolate her. Or worse.

Experiment on her.

Those with gifted powers are already known in America and fear is riddled upon speaking of it. There's so much they don't know about them and that's terrifying to them.

"I don't care." She growled and sprinted up the stairs, pushing the exit door open with Steve clumsily following behind. Clear pieces of glass and blood littered the antique shop along with the bodies of agents. A loud explosion boomed as the car lit up in flames. Peggy aimed her gun until it perfectly aligned with the head of the driver. One shot was all it took for it to puncture right through his skull, immediately killing him.

"Nice shot."  Peggy smirked proudly as she once again aimed at the yellow taxi cab that was racing right towards them.

"Do it again, Peg."

"With pleasure." She pulled the trigger once again, but he managed to sway his head away, barely missing the bullet of death.  As it inched closer Steve knocked them out of the way before they could get crushed by the vehicle. Peggy flared her nostrils angrily.