I.VII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CĪTLĀLMĪNĀ CHAPTER SEVEN // YO SOYNEW YORK CITY ≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CĪTLĀLMĪNĀ
CHAPTER SEVEN // YO SOY
NEW YORK CITY
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

The following morning came, Elenara woke up at first light. Right as the suns rays hit the earth, her eyes opened wide. She felt thirsty, except she didn't want water. Her skin ached for the sun to touch it.

She raced out of her bed and opened her curtain with a snap. Elenara didn't flinch when the bright rays hit her. She loved every single second of it. The sun felt amazing as she let out a sigh of content.

Elenara let herself doze off into her mind as her skin fed off the light. 

"I- I think I love you."

"Jesus Christ." She covered her face with her hands, redness crept from her tan skin in embarrassment. She was stupid to think she had a chance with Jimmy.

Why would anyone want to be with her?

 A Mexican. 

Her skin color was undesirable here. She moved away from the window and moved to the mirror that was hung against the wall. There she stood in-front of it, inspecting every inch of her exposed skin. Her purple nightdress reached her knees while showing her arms. She lightly grasped the soft fabric, crinkling it slightly.

She wasn't pale.

She didn't have light hair nor light eyes.

Instead, bronzed skin decorated her body. Dark cocoa eyes stared back at her as a tear, gleaming in the light, danced down her cheek.

Anger and sadness filled her aching heart. She clenches her fist so tight her fingernails dug into her palm.

She couldn't think of herself like this. 

She must embrace every single thing about her self with open arms.

She was so beautiful.

But her own eyes couldn't see it.

"What?" She closely inspected the light blue sun that adorned the top of her arm. It seemed nearly transparent, but the blue hue helped it glow. Her finger traced over it.

Sun God

Sun tattoo

Turquoise fire

Xiuhcoatl

Sun

Sun