I.XXI

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWENTY ONE•THE TWINS•AUSTRIAOUTSIDE HYDRA BASE≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
•THE TWINS•
AUSTRIA
OUTSIDE HYDRA BASE
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Ah, Captain! There you are!" James shouted for him along with the remaining soldiers. They had completely taken on the Hydra agents and they were more than ready to go home. The ground rumbled, a tank steered in their direction. Sergeant Timothy peeked his head out and guffawed.

"I decided to take a souvenir! Nice, huh?" The Private that was next to him smiled widely with his pearly white teeth.

"Madam, are you hurt?" Jacques asked her, motioning to her burnt and torn clothing. She looked down and teared off the cloth that hung from her arm, leaving her without a sleeve.

"It's nothing, just a few scrapes here and there." Elenara reached for the transponder and her pocket and paled upon feeling the torn fabric.

"Puta madre!" She cried in anger.
"Mother fucker."

"What's wrong?" Bucky asked. With a sigh, Elenara lifted the transponder that was held together by several wires, clinging to dear life.

"Peggy's gonna beat my ass." She murmured, biting her lip.

"I guess we have to go by foot." Steve said, refusing to let his fatigue take over. Bucky sighed and took a look around the hundreds of men that rested along the trees.

"How far is camp?" He inquired, his muscles screaming to rest.

"About 800 kilometers." Elenara breathed out. It would take about two weeks at the state some of these men are in. They would be lucky if they managed to arrive any time earlier.

"How much room you got in there, Timmy?!" The Sergeant sucked air through his teeth and shrugged his shoulders.

"Barely any, ma'am."

"Alright! We'll rest for now and wait for daybreak. Get as much rest as you can!" Elenara announced to the group of men. Many were already ahead of her, and snored softly against the trees.

"You two should rest, Xiuh and I will keep watch." On cue, Xiuh slithered down her arm and leg, dashing into the darkness.

"I'm okay, I'm not tired yet." Steve told her, shrugging off his helmet as he sat on the ground. The adrenaline that pumped through him withered down and allowed his muscles to relax. Bucky sat next to him and stretched out his legs with a groan.

"I'll get the fire going." Elenara proceeded to tear off as many branches as she could and placed them in the center. She held her finger to the innermost opening of the stack of wood and ignited a turquoise flame. The branches were immediately set alight and the color shifted to a bright red. Elenara smiled, her eyes lingering on the fire dancing as sparks flew into the air.