I.XIII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER THIRTEEN//STAR SPANGLED MANS

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER THIRTEEN//STAR SPANGLED MAN
S.S.R BASE
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪

"I always knew you were a goddess. I mean, look at you." Howard praised her as he gestured towards the uniform that comfortably hugged her figure. He was practically drooling over her. Elenara rolled her eyes as she leaned against the metal wall.  Her long slender legs crossed, gently tapping her heel on the floor.

"Howard, it's not gonna work." She shook her head with a smile.

They met right after she had joined the S.S.R and he immediately took a liking to her. Howard has often complimented her and invited her out to dates. Elenara would always say yes, after all, who would reject the Howard Stark. But after some time, she had mustered up the courage to politely decline his flirting.

Upon meeting him, she read that man like a book. He was handsome, there wasn't a doubt about that, but he was much too flirtatious with every beautiful woman he saw. Elenara was immediately put off by this and fought through his charms. Instead, they became great friends — even if Howard likes to playfully flirt every now and then, giving her the nickname "Dolly."

"It doesn't hurt to try." He shrugged. Flashes of her smiling at Rogers appeared in his head and he devilishly smiled. "So, blondes huh?" Howard asked, obviously talking about Steve. Her brown eyes widened as she scanned the lab that was empty beside them. She raised her hand and playfully hit his arm.

"Shut your mouth." Elenara chastised quietly as if Steve would hear.

"I don't blame you," Howard said with a distant look on his face, softly caressing his chin. "There's some mighty fine blondes out there." The sun goddess exhaled an annoyed sigh as he daydreamed.

"Cállate." She spat.
"Shut up."

"Sorry, sweetheart. I'll try not to make you jealous."Howard chuckled

"Howard, I swear to all the Gods. I will blast you with fire."

"I've wondered, how does that work?" He inquired, genuinely curious. "Where does it come from?" Elenara took a moment to think and stared at her palms. She was't exactly sure how she has been able to summon flames beneath her finger tips.

"I don't even know. I just learned to accept it and not ask any questions." She answered with a shrug.

"Curious." He thought as he twirled the ends of his mustache.

"C'mon," Elenara took hold of his wrist and lead him out of the lab. "I have to go meet with Peggy and Steve." Howard let a smirk appear on his lips as he was dragged away.

"Oh yeah, the new love interest." She whipped her head towards him, her eyes warning him to stay quiet as agents passed by.

"He's not new." The agent mumbled under her breath. Howard's ears managed to pick it up and he smiled victoriously.

"So you admit it?" She shook her head upon realizing her mistake.

"No!" Her outburst caused those nearby to look at the strange duo. She kept her head down as she maneuvered her way around the desks.

"Did you start liking him after all the drugs we injected in him?" He whispered to her. A sigh left her red lips as the clack of her heels echoed behind her.

"No, I didn't!" She protested sharply. That had nothing to do with her attraction towards him. She didn't care what he gained from the serum. She cared about how kind and caring he is. Elenara regretted not seeing Steve like this from the very beginning.

"It's so easy with you." He teased. Her eyelid began to twitch in annoyance as she paced down the hall.

"I only said it so you'd shut your mouth. Cabron."
                                                     "Asshole."

She growled, moving a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's a wonder your still alive." Elenara thought out loud. She heard a chuckle from behind and she let a smile tug at the corner of her lips.

"It is, isn't it?" Steve and Peggy spotted Elenara down the hall and quickly ran up to her. Peggy took her in an embrace, tightly holding onto her.

"Elle! What happened?" Elenara's brown eyes flickered to Steve and have him a look.

"They know." Steve quietly gasped and worriedly frowned.

"They aren't going to do anything to you, are they?" His heart raced at the very thought of anything bad happening to her. He won't let that happen. He refuses.

"Not as long as I'm here." Howard quipped.

"I was going to get shipped to Alamagordo, but Howie here saved my ass." Peggy exhaled in relief.

"Thank goodness." The name rang a bell in Rogers's mind.

"That's where Philips was going to send me too. But I got offered a job." Elenara's head tilted to the side as he red lips parted, ready to speak.

"What kind of job?"

≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪
.

.

.

authors note

authors note

holaaaa

since today is Chris Evans bday I decided to post another chapter in celebration 😌 that man turned 39 today but istg he looks like he's in his 20's 😫
I hope you enjoy this chapter even tho it's pretty short :)) and thank you for the 900+ reads!! It's crazy how fast the numbers went up since the last chapter !! <3

stay safe ! Until next time :))