II.X

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TEN•PORTALS•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TEN
•PORTALS•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Steve! Get behind me!" The soldier complied and quickly dashed behind her. Elenara raised her palms and manipulated the sunlight around them. Golden beams appeared out of nowhere and sliced through the Chituari around them, giving the duo a moment to breathe.

"Why didn't you use that earlier?" Steve pointed at the dust from their remains with heaving breathing.

"I'm not the best at it yet," Elenara shrugged. "I didn't want to accidentally incinerate the city." Steve's eyes widened and he gulped. The goddess caught his face and held up her hands.

"I'd never put the city in danger, that's why I did it on a small group of them." With tired eyes Steve watched more coming in, growling menacingly.

"Looks like you might need to use it again." Elenara had Xiuh coil around her wrist and morphed her hands into large jaguar claws. She pounced at them, sinking her sharp nails across their faces and they dropped one by one.

Elenara was made for this.

For war.

For fighting.

For killing.

Secretly, she enjoyed the adrenaline rush she got from tearing them apart. All her bottled up stress was released, taking out her pent up frustrations on the Chitauri.

The corner of her lips curled gently and a small smile was formed on her lips as her claws dripped in black fluid.

Steve watched her back, shoulders coming up and down from her deep breaths. He grunted as he fought back against an attack that caught him off guard, but his eyes never left her. He sent a punch towards it, propelling it back as it died with a screech.

There was something in the air that Elenara omitted, something. . different.

Tony swooped in, interrupting his thoughts. He used his repulser beams to blast them. Steve held up his shield and Tony took his aim. The blast reflected off and was shot towards the enemy. With that, he took his leave, flying off into the sky.

"Guys imma' run out of arrows soon."

"Just keep shooting at them until you do." Elenara told him. Steve loudly grunted as he was knocked to ground. A sharp blade was coming towards his face and he used his strength to keep it a few inches away.

A deep roar entered the soldier ears and the Chitauris head was ripped clean off.

"Woah, easy. . Xoco?" Steve's eyes widened and used his hands to shuffle backwards, away from the turquoise jaguar. A growl left it and it suddenly morphed into Elenara.

Steve panted, not even feeling shocked in the slightest much to his surprise.

"I had him on the ropes." He grunted. Elenara's claw shifted back to normal and she helped him up.