I.XXII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER TWENTY TWO•THE BEST TEAM•AUSTRIAOUTSIDE HYDRA BASE≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
•THE BEST TEAM•
AUSTRIA
OUTSIDE HYDRA BASE
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

The entire group of about 400 men tirelessly walked the trail back to camp in Italy. Those that were too injured to continue on foot rode on the Jeep's that were left in the Hydra base. Elenara, Steve, and Bucky had grown close to a band of men, often joking around in hopes to lighten their moods.

Elenara continued to talk with the Jose and had successfuly made friends with Luis. Along with Elenara, they shared a love for singing. Before they were in the war, the twins had their own mariachi group and sang to their hearts content.

They had found out that they were from Jalisco-- the same state as her mother. They lived in a village not too far from her grandmothers. She would picture the lands they so beautifully describe in her mind, hoping that one day she will visit her family.

After a week, they finally arrived to camp.

"You think we'll get punished?" Steve asked as droplets of sweat turned a dark brown, collecting the dirt on his face as it fell down his cheek. Elenara shrugged, letting Xiuh playfully encircle her arm.

"You probably won't, but I don't know about me." Steve panted with each step he took. They had been walking non-stop for the last few hours, even super soldiers can get tired. As for Elenara, she seemed completely fine. The distance barely affected her and her body had yet to be tired. Being a goddess had its perks.

"Why doesn't he like you?" Elenara tightened the shoe lace that held her braid and shrugged.

"I don't know. He just doesn't." A frown appeared on Steve's face as his mouth opened, about to speak before someone shouted.

"We're here!" Dozens of soldiers gathered around them as they walked in to camp. Chatters of men flowed around the air.

"Look who it is!" The soldiers, in a single file line, loudly clapped for the return of their remaining division. They had all thought they died and were left grieving for their fallen friends and companions. Elenara couldn't help the smile that crept on her face as they cheered. The trio exchanged smiles as the young goddess grasped their hands in hers.

Colonel Philips marched towards them with a face Elenara was unable to read. She visibly tensed when his eyes locked on to hers. The agent gulped the knot that formed in her throat and exhaled deeply, ready for him to chastise her.

"Some of these men need medical attention." He stated as he saluted. "I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action."

"I believe we did the right thing, Colonel. And I don't regret it." Philips's eyes shifted to hers at her outburst. "But, we broke your orders while doing so. I'd also like to surrender myself. . .Colonel."Elenara anxiously bit her lip as his judging eyes remained on her.

"That won't be necessary." He finally announced. The goddess watched with shock as the Colonel spared her a small smile surrounded by his wrinkles. Never at her time at the SSR has she seen him express that emotion to her.

She had finally proved herself to him.

Elenara knew she had no need to. But that feeling of finally being accepted left her chest swelling with pride.

"Yes, sir." They replied in unison. The Colonel marched away and Peggy launched herself onto Elenara.

"You're bloody late." Elenara chuckled as Peggy squeezed her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Peg."She had released her from her arms and pulled out the broken piece of metal. "But in my defense, Howard should've built a better transponder."

"Hey!"Bucky's loud shout grabbed the attention of everyone.

"Let's hear it for Captain America and Citlalmina!" Loud erupts of cheering and claps surrounded Elenara and Steve with some even patting their backs. They turned their heads to one another and smiled as they held hands.

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

LONDON
BRITISH SSR BASE

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic." Steve explained as he wrote down the areas on the large map that was on the table.

"And the sixth one was. . about here. Thirty, forty miles west of the Maginot Line." Peggy wrapped the map to hand to Philips-- not before shooting a wink to Elenara. Her cheeks burned a bright red and she rolled her eyes. She cleared her throat and fixed the jacket of her uniform. Medals of honor shined all along the lapel of her jacket.

"I got a quick look."

"Well, we're lucky you did. Even if it was just a quick one." Elenara sent him her signature dimply smile and headed to Peggy and the Colonel. Steve remained still, awed by her beauty and stood with a dreamy smile on his face. He clutched the box that was in the pocket of his jacket, a gift that he was planning to give her later tonight. Steve's heart beat rapidly, thinking of how she would react to his gift. And so, he shook his head, ridding away his nerves and marched towards the Colonel.

"Sergeant James Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." Colonel Philips took a small glance at the map and stepped away, with Elenara, Steve, and Peggy following suit.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base."

"What about us?" The Colonel looked back towards them.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass." Elenara frowned as Private Lorraine, a beautiful blonde, handed the Colonel a file of papers. More often than not, she would catch her staring at Steve. Lorraine sent her a smirk before her crystal blue eyes gazed at Steve. "What do you say, Rogers? It's your map? You think you can wipe Hydra off it?"

"Yes, sir. I'll need a team."

"We're already putting together the best men."

"With all due respect, sir, so are we."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

.

.

.