III.II

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER TWO•THE LEMURIAN STAR•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWO
•THE LEMURIAN STAR•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

THE INDIAN OCEAN
MARCH 2013

Elenara leaned her weight on one leg, her arms crossed as Rumlow explained the mission to them.

A rogue strand of hair wandered to her face and she blew a puff of air to move it to the side. Steve watched her with amusement and reached his hand over. His fingers gently placed the hair behind her ear and smoothed it.

Their eyes met as she shot him a smile.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star." He zoomed in on the ship. " They we're sending up their last payload when the pirates took them, 93 minutes ago."

"What are their demands?' She cooly asked. The goddess felt the hidden malice in his eyes as his attention shifted to her.

"Billion and a half."

"Hijole." She quietly exclaimed to herself.

"Why so steep?"

"Because it's Shields." He simply replied. A dawn of realization hit Steve and a look of annoyance washed over his features. The soldier looked over to Elle.

"So it's not off-course it's trespassing." He told her.

"I'm sure they have some sort of a good reason." Her reply came out sounding like a question as her shoulder shrugged.

"To trespass? They know better . . ." Steve sighed. "I'm starting to get tired of being Fury's little janitor." Natasha nudged Elenara's arm with her elbow.

"Tell your boyfriend to relax, it's not that complicated." Elenara gave him shrug, agreeing with Nat and he ended his complaining.

"How many pirates?"

"Twenty five. Top mercs led by this guy." Rumlow pulled up a picture of a man. " Georges, Barton. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at th top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Oh, mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley." He explained. Elenara raised her brow and began to scratch the back of her head.

"What's baldy doing on a launch ship?"

"That's a good question." He said with a slight shake of his head. "Elle, you sweep the deck, I'll help you while I find Batroc. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, Sol, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to Xoco and portal them out. Let's move."