I.XXIV

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER TWENTY FOUR •JUST LIKE THE REST•LONDONBRITISH SSR BASE≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
•JUST LIKE THE REST•
LONDON
BRITISH SSR BASE
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

Elenara walked around the desks with the largest smile on her face. The dark blue ribbon Steve had gifted her, held her half braided up do together. The hair that wasn't braided swayed lightly with each step.

She was tasked with bringing Steve to Howard to test some equipment that he had made for him.

A task she was more than happy to do.

Someone had said that he was near all the files and paperwork, which was only up ahead. She walked down the floors, her heels softly clacking. Xiuh hissed sadly, as he curled around her neck.

"I know it's dark in here, but we'll be in the sun soon, okay?" She promised in her native tongue, Xiuh softly hissed in response and closed his eyes. Her eyes caught a figure in the corner in her eye moving.

She shifted her head and with a broken heart, she watched Steve locking lips with Private Lorraine.

Her eyes continually shifted between brown and turquoise before they stopped at brown. Her heart sank to the pit of her stomach as tears gleamed in her eyes. Xiuh sensed her distress and looked ahead. They narrowed and glowed a dangerous gold. A loud hiss caused Steve to jolt back from Lorraine, releasing her from his hold.

"Elle?" He whispered, immediate regret burning in his words.

"We're ready for you, if your not too busy." She spoke with venom dripping from her tongue.

"Shit." He whispered from under his breath as she furiously paced away.

"Elle, wait," He dashed towards her, wiping off the feeling of her lips from his mouth. A soft gasp left his lips as each step she took resulted in a hiss of steam. Her shoes left scorch marks on the ground in her anger.

"I'm the sun and your my sky, huh? Is it too late to take that back?" Elenara's hand furiously ran through the ends of her short, wavy hair. Beads of anxious sweat slowly ran down the temples of the soldier as he fixed his crooked tie.

"That's not what you thought it was." A breath of frustration left his lips as a pang of hurt hit his heart. The Sun Goddess slowly stopped in her tracks and turned her head. Tears of hurt and betrayal left her tear ducts and scurried down her cheeks. Steve visibly deflated, wanting nothing more than to comfort her after his idiotic mistake.

"So you two weren't just swallowing each other just now?" She growled. "I thought you were different from other men, Steve. I guess I was wrong, you're just like all the rest." Elenara whipped her head and continued to walk, her hair swaying with her. Steve, not knowing how to respond to her, said what had popped into his head. He knew he would later regret it. In all honesty, it would've been wiser of him to merely apologize once again, but anger and jealousy of his own took over his words.