I.XVII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER SEVENTEEN// MEANT FOR MORE S

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN// MEANT FOR MORE
S.S.R CAMP
ITALY- NOVEMBER 1943
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Steve? Elena?" A British accent that was all too familiar to her rang above the rain.

"Peggy!" Elenara leapt from Steve's grasp and tightly hugged her friend.

"It's been so long, Peg!" They both happy smiled in their embrace.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked.

"Officially, I'm not here at all." She said, sitting on a wooden box.

"That means the Colonel is here too." Elenara said with a huff, slightly anxious on seeing him again. Peggy nodded and glanced towards Steve.

"That was quite a performance." Steve sheepishly nodded and wiped his nose.

"Yeah, I uh- I had to improvise a bit. The crowds I'm used to are usually, more, uh-" With his hands he waved them in the air. "Twelve." He admitted with slight embarrassment.

"America's New Hope." Elenara voiced out loud as she extended her arm for Xiuh to slither around. His small head rested on her palm as he hissed ever so softly.

"Bond sales take a 10% bump in every state I visit." Peggy scoffed and nearly rolled her eyes.

"Is that Senator Brandt I hear?" All the Senator cared about was image and money. When he heard the Colonel had no use to him, he seized the opportunity to make a profit. That's all Steve was to him, really. Merely a way to gain money.

"At least he's got me doing this." Steve told her. "Phillips would have had the both of us stuck in a lab. " The Sun Goddess sighed and shifted her weight to her leg.

"He's right. He gets to help the war effort even if he isn't on the front lines." Peggy stared daggers at her friend. All the talk has been about Steve, but never her. Elenara has stuck by Steve's side for so long, that's the only thing she knows how to do.

"What about you?" The young goddess's head perked up to Peggy. She raised her brow and tilted her head in confusion, her short curly hair falling to the side.

"Do you plan on just following him around until the war's over?" Peggy pointed to Steve with an angry finger. Elenara pursed her lips.

"I don't really have much of a choice. The Col-" The agent curtly cut her off.

"The Colonel thinks so little of because you haven't done anything to make him think otherwise." Elenara bit the inside of her cheek. Her brown eyes peered down towards her feet as embarrassment crept up her spine.