II.VII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER SEVEN•A GOD'S CRY•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER SEVEN
•A GOD'S CRY•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"You sure about this?" Steve asked with concern lining his words. Elenara's knuckles cracked as she began to pop her fingers joints.

"Mhm, I'll be fine," She said with a nod, walking alongside Steve to where Loki was being kept.

"Not like he can do much from in there." Steve wasn't convinced, but trusted her to be on her own.

"Just be careful," He softly said, stopping in his tracks. "He might not be able to do anything physically, but I got the feeling he knows how to mess with people's heads." Steve furrowed his brows. "Without the staff." He added.

"I got a staff of my own that'll do more than mess up his head." Her fingers went to caress Xiuh on her ear. "Right, Xiuh?" He replied to her with a hiss and she chuckled, removing her finger and letting her hand fall to her side.

"If you need help call me, I'll be with Stark and Dr. Banner in the lab." Elenara bit her bottom lip, white teeth sinking into her plump pink lips.

Memories flashed in his brain of her using her teeth on his neck and he gulped. Steve took a sharp inhale and averted his eyes, focusing them on the brown color of her irises.

"What if I don't need help, but need you?" Steve pursed his lips, his blue eyes glimmering with a hint of sadness and longing.

"I'll be there if you need a friend with you." A slight pain hit her heart. She wasn't sure why it hurt as much as it did, but it was enough for a frown to paint her lips.

"A friend?" Elenara repeated softly. From a near distance, Richie glared at the two with complete anger in his eyes. His exhales were sharp as they left his nostrils.

It would appear that Rogers definitely compromised his mission. Not that it mattered, he already received the information he needed. When the algorithm is done and launches in a few years, she will be efficiently dealt with.

Zola wanted to keep her alive for now, wanting her to watch what she built crumble beneath her and then kill her, slowly and painfully.

It's what she gets for making his life a living hell.

Richie knew he shouldn't feel bothered by this, but he was a possessive, jealous man.

Elenara was his and his alone.

"Isn't that what we are?" Steve told her, keeping a mental note to keep their proximity at an appropriate range even if all he wanted was to be as close with her as possible.

"I thought. . we were more than just friends." She said with a slight frown, taking a step forward, sending him a breeze of her scent.

It was odd, after decades she still had the same smell. It was like walking into a garden with an array of flowers and a gust of wind softly blew the fresh floral scent to you. There was a soft hint of sweetness that made him feel warm inside.