I.XII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA  CHAPTER TWELVE//ALAMAGORDOBROOKLYN, NEW YORKS

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWELVE//ALAMAGORDO
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
S.S.R BASE
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Think you got enough?" They've been drawing his blood for what felt like hours now and he was growing tired. Thoughts of Erskine's death flashed through his mind, leaving an eternal reminder that he could've so much to help but didn't. The nurse retracted the needle from his arm, making Elenara wince at the sight of the long sharp object.

"Any hope of reproducing a program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine, it could take years." Peggy informed him. Steve stared blankly ahead of him, not paying much attention to what she said, the every growing pain of guilt squeezed his heart mercilessly.

"He deserved more than this." He finally said.

"I know Erskine is happy that it worked on you. We'll avenge him and destroy HYDRA once and for all." Steve's jaw clenched, creating a sharp line outlining his face and nodded.

"Agent Reyes." A soldier called, his voice void of emotion. She turned her head and nervously watched as a group of them surrounded her, fully armed.

"Y-yes?" She stuttered, feeling uneasy.

"Come with us." The soldier motioned his gun to follow them. Steve placed a hand on her shoulder, a surge of protectiveness going through him.

"What's going on?" He asked as his blue eyes narrowed. The one in charged breathed out of his nostrils in anger, growing impatient.

"It is an order, Agent Reyes." He told her sternly. Hesitantly, she stepped away from Steve and Peggy and slowly stepped towards them.

"Who sent you!?" Peggy shouted as she feared for her friend.

"Colonel Phillips." A nearby soldier raised a pair of cuffs and harshly placed them on her wrist. A sharp gasped escaped her red lips as it bit into her skin. In the corner of her eye, she saw Peggy place a hand over her gun.

"It's okay, relax, both of you." She said to them before they had a chance of doing something they might regret. "I'm sure it's nothing."

"Elle. . " Steve whispered her name, letting it linger in the air as they walked her away. They saw her eyes. He knew she should have been more careful, but she was too angry to care at the time. Now, she has to face the consequences of not being cautious.

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Colonel!" She cried out as they tightly gripped her biceps. She was more than capable of breaking free from their hold, but doing so would mean bringing harm to them and she refused to hurt any of her allies.

"Please explain to me why I'm chained!" They dragged her in one of the labs where the Colonel was currently at. With harsh eyes, he stared into hers. He never really liked her at all, and it didn't have anything to do with race.