II.I

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA BOOK TWO, CHAPTER ONE•A NEW WORLD•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪¡TW:PTSD ATTACK!

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
BOOK TWO, CHAPTER ONE
•A NEW WORLD•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪
¡TW:PTSD ATTACK!

"How's your plum charlotte?" Elenara asked as she wiped her lips with a napkin. It's been about three weeks since Steve had woken up. Nearly everyday she had been taking him around New York and showing him what he had missed during his time in the ice.

Steve finished taking a bite and pondered in thought as he watched the busy streets of people and cars. Xiuh leaned his head forwards to lick some of the powdered sugar from his plate. He brought the spoon closer to his arm and let him happily get his fill. Turns out Xiuh had missed Steve just as much as she did and clung around his arm.

"It's pretty good, but the taste isn't the same." Elenara nodded in agreement and set her spoon down.

"Well, It's been a few years since the owners died, the recipes been tweaked a few times." Steve watched as she looked into his blue eyes and smiled. He couldn't help but think that she had changed as well.

Physically, she had aged not a single day, but being a goddess was probably the reason for that. Something in her face had changed though. Food was hard to get during the war; their rations were small and often unappetizing, not to mention extremely cold. A hot meal was a luxury they rarely had.

Elenara's face used to be somewhat pale, and her cheekbones were more pronounced. Now, she had more color, allowing her tan skin to have a dewy glow in the sun's rays. During the decades he was asleep, she healthily gained weight and muscle mass that her body was lacking.

"Are you sure it's okay with your. . boyfriend that I'm with you?" God, he hated saying that.

Her boyfriend.

Not too long ago, well for him anyways, he was her fiancé.

"He knows I'm out," She shrugged. "But it doesn't matter because I brought you some gifts." She excitedly placed a bag onto the table that she had hidden beside her feet.

"I told you, Elle. You don't have to keep buying me things." A smile tugged at his lips as he watched her eyes light up in anticipation, she was practically jumping on her feet, itching to see his reaction.

"I know, but I want to, so open it." Steve chuckled and couldn't refuse her, so he pulled out notebooks, pencils, and acrylic paints.

"Do you like it?" She asked. "I figured you might want to try painting. It's so much more cheaper now to get quality paint and it's not dangerous." Back then, they used lead in paints which wasn't exactly safe. Steve graciously nodded and cherished her expression.