II.XV

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER FIFTEEN•THE GOD OF RAIN•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
•THE GOD OF RAIN•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Brother?" Elenara breathed out at the sight of a tall man stepping through the doors. He had long, straight, black hair that was braided back.

Tribal tattoos painted his entire right arm, with Jaguars and eagles proudly sitting on his bicep. He had a strong jawline as it clenched.

His skin wasn't the blue she remembered it to be tinted, but a deep cocoa.

His lips tugged into a wild smile, showing his pearly white teeth. She ran up to him, wrapping her arms around his neck as a nostalgic smile played on her lips.

Tony and Steve shared a look of puzzlement.

"You're a woman now?" He asked in bewilderment. She chuckled and shrugged as he took in her new physical form.

"Seems that way." He took a step back, raising a brow at her.

"You look a bit watered down, no?" Tlaloc joked with a chuckle, referring to her tan skin. She tilted her head to the side and frowned.

"What do you mean?" The god began to shake his head, signaling her to forget what he said.

"No, no, forget it. It's been so long." Elenara nodded, beaming with happiness.

"Too long." She softly said with a sad smile. Xiuh jumped from her wrist to his arm, happily encircling his body around his skin.

Tlaloc's index finger caressed his head as the reptile rubbed his face on his arm.

"It's good to see you again, Xiuhcoatl." His brown eyes caught the curious stare of the feline and he leaned down.

"This must be your guide. What a beauty." Xoco allowed him to pet her, softly grumbling in pleasure.

"What took you so long?" Elenara asked, her voice low.

"I'm afraid I don't have a source of power like you. Some of us have to conjure up our own energy and that takes a few centuries to fully replenish, especially since we longer get sacrifices." Tlaloc gave her a look and she rolled her eyes.

A long time ago, she decided to outlaw human sacrifices. She's seen about a million lives be taken for the gods. There was enough blood that could fill oceans, tinting them red.

The bloodshed had to stop.

"It took you a while, but at least you're here now." Tlaloc stepped closer, ensuring no one else could hear.

"The reason for my visit is because I bring news." Elenara's jaw dropped and she frowned. How long has he been in the human world? And why hasn't he came earlier?