I.XVIII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT•IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
•IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Can you reach him?" She asked, biting her lip as she gripped onto the seat

"Hold on, it'll take a second." Jim said as hooked a wire into the computer.

"Come in. This is Captain Rogers. Do you read me?" Before Jim could say anything she took the radio mic from him, gripping the handle close to her mouth.

"Steve! Are you alright?" Elenara's nerves subsided and was relieved to hear the sound of his voice.

"Elle, Schmidt's dead!" Elle softly smiled, that bastard was finally gone.

"W-what about the plane?" Her brows began to scrunch up in worry. "Do you have it under control?" There was a pause before he answered.

"Well. . . that's a bit tougher to explain."

"Steve!" Elenara's fingers ran through her hair in exasperation. "Send me your coordinates, I'll see if there's a safe landing site near you." She flipped a switch and sat in the seat, her trembling fingers hovered over the keys to be ready to input the coordinates.

"There's not gonna be a safe landing, I'm gonna have to force her down." Phillips, Peggy, and Jim shared a look. They knew what would be coming next and decided it would be best to give her privacy during her last moments with Steve.

"Okay, okay," She muttered to herself shakily. "I'll-I'll call Howard, he'll know what to do." She looked for a phone near her and punched in his number.

"There's not enough time!" He shouted before she could ring him. "This things moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I'm so sorry, Elle. You were right. This isn't gonna end well." Hot tears roamed her cheeks and she began to panic.

"Don't do this, Steve!" She pleased, her legs jolted and she stood, tightly gripping the metal frame. "No seas pendejo! We'll find a way!"

"There isn't, this is the only way."

"Please, No Mina," Elenara sniffed. "Don't leave me. It's just you and me left, don't do this, I'm begging you." She felt her chest tighten painfully. The vision she had was coming true and she did nothing to prevent it.

"I'm sorry, Elle. This is my choice." Elenara sobbed quietly, her chest rumbling with sorrow.

"You're an idiot."