II.XII

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER TWELVE•AN ECLIPSE IS COMING•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWELVE
•AN ECLIPSE IS COMING•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Isn't it the same if I just close all the curtains?"  Richie proposed as he drank a cup of water. Elenara shot him an annoyed look, her fingers tying a knot on her shoes.

"We've went over this," She said with a huff and stood up straight. "No it's not not. Besides it's dangerous if you're in the same room as me." In order for the goddess to battle against her sister, she must sleep and from there, her soul will be transported to a dimension to meet her there.

While her physical being isn't present, any injuries inflicted there will appear on her body.

At times, her body could react and her fire can lash out. It's extremely important that she is in a fire resistant room. Luckily, Tony had made one in the tower.

"If you aren't convinced you can always talk to Tony." She suggested. Elenara felt her mouth dry up and she headed towards the kitchen. The agent swallowed the saliva that had gathered in his mouth as he watched her pick up a cup and fill it with the water dispenser.

I want you to test it. Let's see how effective it is.

Hydra had collected a few samples of the flower and crushed it up into a thin powder. He was given a small portion of it and ordered to use it on her. Richard had dumped the contents of the vial in the water gallon

So far, she had been using water bottles, until now. Elenara gulped down the poisoned liquid and sighed, setting the cup in the sink. She had no reaction to it. Maybe he needed more.

Elenara leaned against the kitchen counter, watching the clocks hand shift with every second that passed by. Her eyes glanced towards Richie with annoyance.

Over the last few weeks she's been thinking. .

It's about time she left him.

She cared about him deeply in the beginning, but she was never able to love him. He was kind and sweet to her, those are the kind of traits that she falls for. As time went on, he became rougher, cruel, and impatient.

The complete opposite of what he had portrayed.

The man that he showed her was only a mask to hide what was lingering beneath. It crumbled and shattered once they hit one year together.

She didn't know why she had stayed with him this long. Living with Richie was the first time she's lived with someone else since Tony and Howard. For a long time she's always had someone to come home to.

Maybe she was so scared of being alone that even the presence of a bastard like Richard was enough.

Now that Steve was awake, she could have the life she's always wanted.