I.IX

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINACHAPTER NINE// TURQUOISE FIRESCAMP LEHIGHNEW JERSEY≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER NINE// TURQUOISE FIRES
CAMP LEHIGH
NEW JERSEY
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Faster, ladies!" Peggy ordered as the soldiers were doing push-ups. The pants and grunts filled the air as Elena walked around them, spotting Steve struggle.

"Come on. My grandmother has more life in her, God rest her soul. Move it!"

"Alright!" Elena called out. "Get on you're fucking feet! Jumping Jacks, girlies! Apuranse!"
"Hurry up!"

Elenara had her hands on her back as Peggy stood next to her.

"Rogers looks like he's going to collapse at any second," Her brown eyes looked towards Steve as each jump became weaker. His once pearly white shirt was now stained from the dirt and drenched in sweat.

"Poor thing." Peggy added with pity in her eyes.

"He'll be fine." Elenara assured. She believed in Steve and knew he would never give up no matter how hard the challenge.

"He's not like most, Steve doesn't know when to quit."

"Grenade!" Colonel Philips called out. Elenara's heart beat rapidly as she watched the bomb bounce on the ground. Without hesitation, she pushed Peggy behind her and her eyes glowed.

"Get away!" Steve launched himself over the bomb. The rough ground leaving a scratches on his arms. Her blue-green eyes widened and she sprinted towards him.

"Steve, get away from there!"

"Get back, Elle!" He shouted, waving his arms. A few moments passed and Steve opened his eyes.

"It's a dummy grenade. All clear." Elenara let out a shaky breath as her eyes met his. He saw her eyes in an unnatural color. They stop glowing as she felt her body go cold.

He saw her eyes.

"Is this a test?"

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

It began to grow dark and the night winds softly blew around Elenara as she stood in front of a door. The door that led into Steve's room along with the other recruits. In her hands, she held a small radio that Steve had gifted her for her birthday a few years ago.

She held the mahogany radio close to her and sighed.

She didn't know what possessed her to feel this way. It was completely different from what Jimmy made her feel.