Second Chances?

Voices arguing back and forth pull me back into consciousness. I groan as I feel the ache in my neck and lift my hand to touch it only to find that I cant move my arm. My eyes pop open and I find myself tied to the bar on the back of a passenger seat. I feel my heart skyrocket when I pick up my head wincing at the fact that I must have been unconsciousness in that position for a while to feel so stiff. 

“It wasn’t very nice of you to run off like that without even telling me your name” A familiar voice talks me. I turn my head to see Dane sitting causally in the seat next to me. I glare at him, “How about you go to hell but first before you do that untie me and let me go.” I say angry as I yank at the fabric holding me prisoner. Dane only smirks, “No can do princess. What the alpha says goes and he told us to escort you back to the main house.” I frantically start pulling at the fabric, jerking the seat back and forth like a maniac. 

“Jesus woman would you chill out!” A voice snaps from the front seat, “This car is my baby, if you break anything I will break you!” I slow my movements but I’m still very angry. I look toward Dane with a huff, “Where’s your Alpha? I want to speak to him right now!” I growl. 

“You’ll see him soon enough but I would be careful about that attitude of yours. I might like my women feisty but I don’t think you’ll find him well receiving of it.” Dane jokes. I bite my tongue and imagine what it’s going to be like when I strangle there alpha to death with my bare hands for having his goons practically kidnap me. “Now, what’s your name sweetheart?” Dane asks me with a flirty voice. I try to keep myself from lashing out at him instead I look to him with a sweet smile, “Do you really want to know that badly?” I coo. 

His eyes rake over my body and then he leans a little closer, “Definitely. I want to know whose name I’ll be shouting later” I try not to roll my eye at him.

“I’m going to need you to come a little closer then so I can tell you.” I purr at him but in my head I’m laughing manically. He moves closer to me so that our faces are only a few inches apart. “Are you sure you really want to know—“ I whisper. He nods his head licking his lips a little. “Okay—“ I say as I pull my head back a little before I slam it into his as hard as I can. He pulls back with a howl of pain. I feel the pain vibrate through me but honestly I don’t care because I’m pissed off, “Screw you assholes!” I shout. His eyes snap to me and they are dark and full of anger, “You shouldn’t have done that.” He snaps at me as he wipes the blood from his nose with the back of his hand. He reaches out quickly grabbing a fistful of my hair and yanking my head back, “I was trying to be nice to you but you can forget that now.” He releases his hold on me my scalp burning. 

“Nice? You tied me up and kidnapped me, which is illegal by the way!” I growl at him. He smirks at me but now it has a menacing feel to it, “I can’t say that I’m not the least bit curious as to why a fine she-wolf such as yourself is running around on her own. Do you have a mate running around out there too somewhere? Should we be expecting him?” He questions me darkly. I know now this is some kind of interrogation. They must think I’m a rogue and I guess technically I was considering my circumstances. David—the though of him caused a familiar ache to bloom in my chest which only made me angrier. 

“For both our sakes I hope not.” I comment dryly which seems to take him by surprise. He opens his mouth to speak but then closes it as his eyes glaze over like he’s spacing out and I know he must be mind-linking with someone. The hadn’t noticed until the silence that the car had stopped moving and we were parked outside I large home—or maybe mansion was the correct word for it. My old pack house couldn’t even measure up to this one. I didn’t even try to hide the fact that I surprised. 

The driver got out of the car as another male came up to the car. He looked over to where I was sitting and they started to talk heatedly to each other. I looked away from them toward Dane who was watching me silently with a thoughtful expression on his face. 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I snap at him pulling him out of whatever thoughts he had been thinking. He doesn’t say anything to me instead he just opens the car door and gets out slamming it shut behind me. Finally, I’m alone! I start to frantically work at the fabric holding me prisoner. I had been keeping my wolf at bay this whole time because I couldn’t risk anyone realizing that I was a renegade Luna. That’s a whole different level of werewolf not just like the average rogue they probably encountered. Alpha’s and Luna’s were among the most powerful wolves out there. 

I mean my wolf was still coming into maturity so I wasn’t as strong as I could be but that didn’t mean I was weak either. I was able to rip the fabric easily. I smiled as I rubbed at the skin around my wrists before I ripped the door open jumping out of the car. I didn’t even take a second glance back as I started running towards what I hoped was my freedom. I was stripping out of my clothes as I ran across the front lawn. A very loud roar pulled my body to a complete stop. Or I should say my wolf halted me at the sound. 

I turned around slowly now standing there in my bra and jeans. 

My eyes widen in surprise as the sight of the man behind me sent all my memories of what had happened rushing through my mind. His blue eyes were growing darker by the second, “Are you trying to run from me?” His voice makes my body shake and I quickly pull my arms up around myself in hopes of covering myself feeling very vulernable now. 

“I asked you a question!” He growls. 

I snap back into myself standing up a little straighter, “Are you the Alpha?” I start making my way towards him feeling less concerned about my half nakedness. He watched me with a predatory gaze as I approached him, “You are stupid then.” He comments. I feel my wolf rush towards the surface at his insult of us. I stop in front of him and glare up at him, “You were the one that told them to tie me up and kidnap me?” I don’t give him a chance to answer before I slap him hard across his face. I can feel the sting in my hand as well as a shockwave of something completely else. I gasp as I pull my hand back towards myself in surprise. There is no way...

His body starts to shake as he turns his head back to me and his eyes are completely black now. I swallow hard at the sight before he reaches out with his hands and grips me by my arms very tightly. The touch sends my senses into overdrive. Part of me wants him to pull me closer and another part of me wants to run screaming for the hills. “This isn’t possible…” I croak, “I already found my mate…” He lifts me up of the ground a bit and draws his face closer to mine, “So have I but this is still happening. You are mine whether you want to be or not.” He growls down at me.