A Ladies Request

Noah rose up out of his chair and made his way to me with a serious look in his eyes, "What are you doing here?" He mutters under his breath trying to remain calm. I glare up at him, "Maybe I should ask you the same question you slimy—" I didn't get to finish my insult because he covered my mouth with his hand sending warm tingles through my body from his touch. 

He looked over his shoulder toward Alpha dip shit and his daughter, "Excuse me a moment while I talk with my lovely mate..." He looked down at me with a dark expression, "Shall we, Mate..." He moves us toward the door still covering my mouth with his hand. I am mumbling obscenities at him through his hand but they sound unintelligible but I know he gets the point. Beta Robert looked like he was trying not to laugh as he opened the door for Noah. 

He pushed us through the door Nadia was leaning against the wall but straightened up when we came through the door. Noah looked toward her for a brief moment before dragging us away from curious eyes. He spun me around once we were away from listening ears, "What are you doing here Scarlett?" He growls. I stare up at him not intimidated by his show of dominance. I poke him in the chest, "I'm here cause I heard about your slimy backdoor deal. You shouldn't have marked me if you already had a mate coming your way." 

His expression shows annoyance, "Your upset because I didn't take that girl back there as my mate?" 

"Pft. As if that puny girl could handle you—" I say throwing my hands onto my hips, "Who makes a deal like that anyway? That girl probably has a true mate somewhere and you were just going to take that away from her so you could build an alliance?" I raise a brow questioning wanting to understand his thoughts behind his actions. 

Noah shook his head with a small smirk playing on his lips, "I can't believe this—" 

I narrowed my eyes, "What?" 

His gaze locked on mine with amusement before he leaned towards me making my heart rate speed up, "You were jealous—so jealous that you had one of my pack members drive you all the way over here..." My face grew hot and I clenched my teeth together tightly, "You totally ignored my questions—stop trying to distract..." 

"Whose the one trying to distract?" He questions back with a cocky smirk, "Admit you were jealous and I'll answer your questions." He crosses his arms over his broad chest and waits. I stand there staring up at him wanting very much to wipe the cocky grin off of his stupid face. I looked away from him clearing my throat, "Iwasjealous—" I said quickly under my breath. 

"I'm sorry I didn't hear that clearly." He says with a small chuckle cupping a hand to his ear and leaning forward. I look to him with slitted eyes, "I was jealous—happy?" I ask through clenched teeth. He looks rather pleased with himself, "Very." 

"Now answer my questions." I say pointedly. He keeps his smirk, "I wouldn't have actually claimed her as mine Scarlett. I didn't want another mate. I was only going to use her as a stand in because she had been trained well and my pack was in need of a Luna I agreed to the deal." I feel like I should have known Noah would have done things that way but my jealously had over road all my logic. I looked him over suspiciously, "Why did you need an alliance so badly?" His smirk dropped a bit, "This pack has the best warriors—while my pack is large in number it isn't the strongest. With Kellan out there building his rogue army..."  

"You wanted to be prepared?" I questioned. His eyes met mine and he nodded his head. I had met Kellan I understood why Noah was taking these precautions. I only wished that he would have talked to me about it—of course I might not be ready to accept him as my mate but I was the Luna and I expected him to share these things with me. 

"Look—" I say trying to relax, "I understand why you did what you did and it was obviously a deal you made before we met but you could have told me about all of this—I shouldn't have to find out things from the rest of the pack. I'm the Luna and if you don't trust me than neither will they. I'm not asking you to be my mate—I'm telling you that we can at least be partners—for the sake of the pack."

Noah studied me for a minute before leaning his shoulder into the wall, "You're not even a part of the pack—" 

"Then let me join." I say without much thought. 

He seems to find that statement humorous, "Do you understand what you're saying?" 

"Of course. I would be forsaking my other pack—I would never be able to go back to them again. Honestly I would rather be a rogue than go back there..." I was more than ready to completely cut ties with David and my old pack. Noah and his pack were my future—the only future I could see right now. His expression grew serious again, "You'll have to go through the trials—I won't go easy on you because you're my mate." It almost seems like he's trying to persuade me from joining which only makes me want to prove myself further. 

"I wouldn't expect you too. What you think I can't make it through the trials?" I question him crossing my arms over my chest. He pushes up off the wall, "I've seen strong wolves fail the trails Scarlett—I'm just saying you should think about it a little more." 

I narrow my eyes, "I've thought about it. I won't fail—that's a promise, Mate..." 

Noah's eyes darken and he leans forward, "Be careful what you say. You may end up eating your words." 

"Don't worry Noah, I'll make sure to bring an extra large plate for you when I watch you eat your words because you'll be eating a lot of them with the way you're going..." I say with a challenging smirk leaning forward so there is a small space between us. I can feel the heat of his body hitting me and I want very much to completely close the distance between us but I hold myself rooted in place. Noah's gaze drifts down to my lips and I lick them. His eyes darken and his body inches closer to mine but before anything can happen Beta Robert approaches us, "I'm sorry to interrupt but Alpha Randall is ready to finish this meeting..." 

"Of course, my apologies." Noah says taking a step back away from me but keeping his eyes on me, "We will finish this discussion later." He says pointedly. I only smile at him, "I look forward to it." And I did,

"Don't wander off to far Scarlett—Do you understand me?" He seems like he delaying his return but I don't like his condescending tone. I lift a brow in annoyance, "I understand just fine." He seems to find some humor in my statement and smirks at me. He reaches out quickly grabbing me by the arm and pulling me into his chest taking me completely by surprise. 

"Play nice with the other kids Scarlett." He whispers in me ear before placing a quick kiss on my cheek. I stand there in a stupor as he walks away with a sudden pep in his step. Nadia comes my direction as Noah disappears back into the room. She has a knowing smile on her face which pulls me out my daze, "Don't you dare say anything..." 

She holds up her hands in mock surrender, "I have no idea what your are talking about..." I give her a quick look before I take a peak at the door to Noah. He had not responded at all how I had expected and neither had I—I was supposed to kick his ass but somehow when I saw him my brain turned into mush. Why did he have to be so sexy but so damn insufferable at the same time? I let out sigh of frustration. 

"How would you like a tour while we wait?" Nadia asks and I welcome the distraction from my confusing thoughts about Noah.