Crime and Punishment

Noah led Nadia and I from the room and we walked behind him in silence for a moment before he looked over his shoulder to Nadia, "Would you be so kind as to make sure that the Alpha's daughter is ready to go when we want to leave?" The fact that he is asking her nicely actually takes me by surprise. I figured he would order her around without much care. Nadia bowed her head giving me a quick smile before she took off in the other direction clearly she was not directionally challenged like myself. 

Once Noah and I were alone I felt the silence stretch out before us. I wanted to thank him for coming to my defense in there and for trusting me but for some reason the words felt like they were lodged in my throat. A part of me knew that if I thanked him that I would be admitting some kind of defeat and I wasn't ready to give in to anything where Noah was concerned—not yet anyway. 

"This is my room—"He says to me as he opens a door. I had been completely lost in thought that I hadn't even noticed we had stopped moving. I looked from him through the open door, "It looks nice..." I comment not sure what to say. He stared down at me for a moment as if waiting for something. I lifted a brow, "What?" I question. He lets out a frustrated sigh, "Get in." He commands. 

My eyes widen slightly as I look back from him to his room and then back to him, "Why? What are you planning on doing to me?" I was sure that he had been reacting too well to my showing up here—this was it he was going to tie me up and punish me like he had wanted to a couple of days ago. He rolled his beautiful eyes at me before he moved forward towards me. I took a step back instinctively and his eyes narrowed at my movement, "Are you thinking about running from me?" He questions. 

"No Of course not..." I say back too quickly. His eyes remain fixed on me before he points from me to the room, "Get in before I carry you in." His command is stern. I look him over for any signs that he might be bluffing when he takes another step forward my feet get moving, "Okay, okay—" I grumble as I make sure to give more space as I pass by him into the room. He follows behind me slamming the door closed. I spin around quickly not wanting my back to be turned to him, "So what now?" 

"What do you mean, 'now what'?" He raises a brow. 

"I mean, do you want me to just bend over or are you going to tie me up?" I asked as I took a nervous step backwards. His eyes darken at my words and stares at me silently observing me. I watch as wicked smile creeps across his lips, "Go bend over the bed—" He commands. I had only been joking when I had said that. My mouth popped open, "Excuse me?" 

"You heard me—" He says as his arms cross over his chest as if to tell me he was waiting for me to do what he said. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, "No way! There is no way in hell I am doing that Noah." I proclaim trying to keep my tone of voice even but I can hear the shakiness in it. He doesn't seem at all concerned by my defiance, "Yes you are, Mate. You are going to take this punishment. Now go bend over—" He nods his head in the direction of his bed. 

He was completely serious about this. My mouth went dry, "No!" 

His eyes slitted, "If I have to make you it will be worse I can assure you..." His words make my heart skyrocket in my chest. I swallowed hard and looked towards the only exit. As if sensing my thoughts Noah moved in between me and the door, "Get moving." He commands. I glare at him and then straighten my back before I turn and walk towards the bed with my head held high. He was so going to regret this later I thought to myself as I reached the bed.