The Mate Agreement

When we got back to Noah's pack house things went back to the way they had been except for the fact that I was now free to roam about because I had a protector or a shadow as I liked to call it. Christa and I got a long pretty well—though she did seem to be a bit stiff at times but I chalked it up to her upbringing. 

"Do you want to go for your usual walk around the grounds?" Christa asks me as we exit the kitchen after a quick lunch. I honestly wanted to go see Noah because we hadn't talked or seen each other since we had gotten back and that was over a week ago. I was getting bored of doing the same things day in and day out. I figured that after the way I had helped him Noah would have wanted to involve me more with matters of the pack but I guess should have known better. I was his unwanted mate. 

Not unwanted! My wolf growls and I flinch back internally. What are you doing Scarlett? You are letting some guy get under your skin again. You are stronger than that—take control of the situation. I looked toward Christa, "Actually I think I would like to go talk with Noah." She tilted her head a bit as if questioning my sudden change, "Is something wrong?" 

"No, why do you ask?" 

"Well, you have the same look in your eyes the day you challenged him in the training room." She is clearly a very perceptive person. I smile at her, "Don't worry I'm not going to attack him or anything. I just need to discuss something with him." 

She gives me a look like she doesn't believe me but she says nothing more as she begins walking in the direction of Noah's office. 

We are going to see our mate, My wolf yips in excitement and I roll my eyes at her. The closer we get to his office the more nervous I become. I run my hand over my hair and straighten out my shirt. Christa let's out a small chuckle, "Are you nervous Scarlett?" 

I look to her with my cheeks heating up, "Who would be nervous to talk to that guy? Definitely not." I say quickly and a little to loud which only makes her smile widen but she doesn't say anything more. As we approach the door it opens and Delilah steps out. My eye widened at the sight of her and then narrow into slits my wolf rushing towards the surface. As if sensing my distress Christa stiffens up next to me looking around for the reason ready to attack if necessary. Delilah closes the door and turns finding me standing there. Her face shows surprise for a moment before a cocky smirk spreads over her lips, "Hello Luna—" She says in a mocking tone as she walks towards us. 

She smells like our mate—We should kill the she-wolf for touching what is ours! My wolf snarls loudly in my head. I clench my teeth together tightly but keep myself controlled as possible, "Hello—" I say back but it comes out as a growl. Delilah flips her hair over her shoulder and looks to Christa, "What's with the Jolly the green giant? Afraid someone might try to take your spot?" Her eyes flutter back to me. 

She challenges us! My eyes must be darkest they've ever been as I stare back at her but I make no attempt to move. Christa is looking toward Delilah with a nasty sneer on her face but she remains quietly standing beside me. 

"I'm not afraid—anyone who wants to challenge me for the position is welcome too..." I say in a calm even tone and I watch her eyes flicker with surprise for a moment. I let a wicked smile spread over my lips, "I'd never back down from a challenge. Though whoever challenges me should be prepared to lose—" I watch her stiffen up at my words and I only continue smile, "You have a wonderful day Delilah." I move past her making sure to knock her with my shoulder as I pass by.