One Step Forward, Two Steps back

I was starting to get some serious cabin fever. After the initial pain of the claiming left me I was feeling extremely antsy to get out of my bedroom but Noah had posted guards outside my door and ordered them to make sure that I stayed put until he could have a pack doctor look at me and make sure that everything was okay with me. Even thinking about that idiot of an Alpha was pissing me off. One because he has forced his claim on me and second because of the forced claim I felt the need to see his stupid face. I growled as I pulled myself out of my bed and decided to shower. 

It helped to calm my nerves a bit which were on edge because my wolf wanted very much to be near our mate. I hadn’t seen Noah since the jerk bit me which is probably smart of him because the human part of me seriously wanted to kill him. I walked out of the bathroom and straight to my closest which had magically been filled with clothes. I’m sure I’d have to thank Jane when I saw her next cause that was probably her doing. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt throwing them onto to the bed. I dropped my towel only to have my ears met with a loud growl. I turned quickly to see Noah standing in the doorway of my room his eyes darkening by the second. 

“Shit!” I snapped and quickly snatched the towel back up off the ground quickly covering myself. I glared at him, “What the hell Noah?! Don’t you knock before you enter someone’s room?” I felt like my body was on fire from embarrassment. Not only was that the first time that anyone had seen me in my birthday suit but it just happened to be my unwanted mate. 

My wolf growled at me, Not unwanted!  I rolled my eyes internally. 

His eyes were still glued to me, “This is my house and you are my mate—I don’t have to knock.” I grabbed a pillow from the bed and chucked it across the room at him and he easily caught it, “You’re such a creep! Have you always been this way or is this a new development?” I snapped at him. He shrugged his shoulders as if he could care less about my snarky comments. He seemed to have regained his cold demeanor, “How are you feeling?” He asks as he sets the pillow down on the couch as he makes his way towards me. I back up holding tightly to my towel, “I’d be a lot better if you weren’t here and if you hadn’t claimed be without my consent—other than that I’m peachy.” I say sarcastically. 

He stops at the edge of my bed his eyes meeting mine, “We both know you don’t actually feel that way Scarlett. Your wolf was practically calling for me to come be near you—“ He eyes darken a little at this and I frown. He’s right my wolf was much happier now that Noah was near us but I on the other hand was much more unhappy because that was the case. The mate-pull is undeniable but it doesn’t mean I love this guy, heck I don’t even really like him but my wolf needs him now. Talk about infuriating. 

“Yeah well whose damn fault is that?” I snap at him. 

He completely ignores my snarky attitude, “It’s only going to get worse Scarlett. Since your previous mate missed out on the opportunity of claiming you I know you don’t understand fully but you’re going to want to be around me all the time. It’s going to make you snappy and moody when we’re separated for too long but after the bond is completed your wolf will be more at ease…” 

I point a finger at him, “That will happen when hell freezes over! Is that why you came here? To try and proposition me? Cause if so don’t let the door hit you on the way or do, I don’t care.” I raise an eyebrow and put my hands on my hips. He remains silently observing me for a moment before he smirks but it seems forced, “I wouldn’t dream of that—I only came to see for myself how you were doing. Clearly you’re feeling much better since you are back to your usual self…”