Playing With Flour

I don’t know how long I helped in the kitchen for but after a while I had forgotten how mad I was thanks to Nadia and Lacey. Gretchen had kindly put us on the duty of making bread for the pack this evening. I might have told her to go screw herself but It had been a long time since I participated in anything revolving around pack life and I hadn’t realized how much I had missed it until now. 

I grabbed a handful of flour as Nadia turned away to grab some more dough for the bread we’d been making for the past hour or so. As she turned back around I threw it at her. It hit her square in the face and she reminded me of a fish breathing under water. I covered my mouth to keep from busting up. “WHY YOU LITTLE…” She screeched grabbing some flour and chucking it at me without a second thought. I ducked in just enough time and it hit Lacey in the side of the face. Her big blue eyes opened wide in surprise and Nadia looked just as shocked as Lacey turned to look at us. I couldn’t hold back this time. I started laughing, holding onto my stomach. 

“Your face…you…priceless…” I giggled.

When I looked to them they were both looking at me with mischievous glares, there hands behind their backs. I started backing away from them as they advanced on me, “Hey guys let’s talk about this…” I suggest holding my hands up in front of myself as I continued to back away. They both looked toward each other in a mocking thoughtfulness, “Yeah—How about not!” They both yell as they threw flour towards me. I screeched and ducked again as they both laughed but the laughter came to an abrupt stop. 

I pulled myself back upright checking for any flour but it looked as though they had missed. I smiled to myself, “HAH!” I exclaimed as I looked up to them ready to rub it in there faces but I found them both standing there wide eyed and nervous. I swallowed hard and slowly turned to find out the source of their horror. I couldn’t stop the bubble of laughter that came out of my mouth but I quickly clapped a hand over my mouth to shut myself up. Noah stood there peppered with flour and his expression showed his shock and anger. 

Everything in the kitchen had become extremely quiet and I knew everyone was in shock over the sight of their alpha covered in flour. I removed my hand from my mouth doing my best to suppress a smile, “It looks like you have a little something on your face—Right about there—“ I point a finger to my own cheek as if to clue him in to the flour on his face. His eyes darkened as they stared at me and his body was shaking a little which helped me keep my smile back. 

“Oh my god!” Gretchen’s voice sounded like someone had killed a kitten in front of her. She was screeching in shock horror from beside me but I kept my eyes on Noah I’m sure they were sparkling with my amusement. “I am so sorry Alpha Noah—“ I rolled my eyes.

“Calm down. No need to go gray over it Gretchen.” I say mockingly as I keep my eyes on Noah, “It’s just a little flour. I’m sure Mr. Big bad Alpha here can handle a little bit of flour…” I smile at him brightly. 

“Everyone get back to work! Now!” Noah finally snapped and the room quickly began to bustle again. He was staring at me with a hard look and I started to feel slightly anxious cause he wasn’t finding the humor in the situation as I hoped he would have after a moment. “You two…what is the meaning of this? You’ve wasted our resources on playing around?” He sounded like he was scolding children. 

Nadia and Lacey stepped forward beside me both of them bowing there heads deeply, “We are so sorry alpha for our behavior.”  

“Don’t apologize to him. You didn’t do anything wrong. Last time I checked having fun wasn’t a crime—plus it was my fault in the first place.” I snapped at them my dominant wolf coming to the surface. They both peered in my direction clearly conflicted over what to do now. Continue apologizing or stop apologizing that was the question at the moment. I looked to them with a more serious expression, “Go ahead and get back to work. I’ll handle this.” I ordered and they both scurried off quickly with another submissive bow in Noah’s direction. 

I looked back to Noah crossing my arms over my chest, “Can I help you oh mighty ruiner of fun?” I tease him. He looks downright ready to strangle me. He takes in a deep breath before responding, “I came to get you for this evening. Though it appears as though now I’m the one in need of cleaning up—” He says is a very calm voice, too calm. I roll my eyes, “You didn’t need to take time out of your ‘busy’ schedule to check up on little old me. You could have sent someone else—Or I’m sure I could have found my own way…“ I say with boredom. He reaches out and grabs a hold of my arm and pulls me so that we are pressed chest to chest. I look up at him in surprise. I don’t know how it’s possible but even when he’s covered in flour he’s still intimidating. 

“What did I tell you about rolling your eyes at me mate?” He growled down at me. My eyes opened wider at his question and this seemed to bring him a bit of satisfaction, “Oh yes my little mate. It seems as thought you are in need of some guidance and I am more than willing to give it to you as is my right.” 

I narrow my eyes and opened my mouth to tell him what I thought but I was shocked further when I felt his lips press into mine. My eyes opened wide and the feeling that surged through me made me loose contact with my rational mind. I blame it all on this stupid mate bond—makes you half crazy. 

I felt my eyes close of their own accord and then my lips were moving in perfect sync with his. I should hate this—he was a complete stranger to me and a oppressive alpha but god his lips were like magic. I felt a tiny whimper escape the back of my throat to which he pressed into my lips harder with an almost bruising force before he broke our kiss. 

I was breathing heavily like I had finished running a marathon. Slowly I opened my eyes still in a daze but Noah was looking down at me with a smugness which brought reality crashing down on me. My cheeks instantly heated as I replayed that kiss in my mind. He let out a small chuckle which shocked me because he had been so intense since our first meeting. He leaned forward so that his lips were near my ear, “I’m really going to enjoy your submission to me.” He reaches up and lightly wraps a piece of my hair around his finger tugging on it playfully before releasing it, “Shall we?” 

He steps back away from me giving me room to breathe which should make me happy but all it does is make me feel cold. I groan internally, stupid mate bond—you’re ruining my life! A surge of anger courses through me, more at myself then at Noah. I glare at him, “You better commit that to memory because that’s never going to happen again, buddy!” He smirked down at me but said nothing in response. Which only made me angrier. The smug jerk! With a huff of air I push my way around him knocking my shoulder into his as I exit the kitchen. His soft chuckle being the only sound that follows behind me.