The Doctors Order

Christa led me toward a part of the house I had never been. My body protesting all of the movement, "How do you already know the layout of this house and you've been here less time then me?" I question her trying to distract myself from the pain. She snorts a little, "I made sure to learn it and memorize it all the first three days I was here. I figured what kind of protector would I be if I didn't know all the in and outs..." 

I smirk at her comment, "Good point. I knew I made a good choice picking you a my protector..." I wince as she shifts me slightly as she opens the door to a small looking nurses office like they had when I was in school. A man is sitting calmly in the corner reading the  newspaper as we enter. His grey eyes snap up to us in a sturdy way, "Well looks like you've seen better days." 

"But I've also definitely seen worse." I comment with a small laugh. The older male rises up from his chair folding is newspaper with scoffing at my sarcasm. He motions for Christa to bring me in and sit me down on the bed. She helps me hobble over to it and then with a frown I allow her to lift me onto the bed. She steps back from me, moving to stand against the wall behind me so that she is out of the way. 

"So you must be Alpha Noah's new mate I've heard so much about." He suggests as he puts on a pair of gloves and moves closer to me. He holds up a light to my eyes, making them water slightly. 

"And you must be the Doctor I've heard so much about." I say back as he prompts me to open my mouth. He chuckles as this as he looks around my mouth for a moment and then steps back.  He seems kind of like the cool old guy that you'd go to for war stories. His eyes scan over my face and then to the wound on my shoulder, "That looks like you'll need a couple stitches—" I turn my head trying to look at the bite but can't really get to good of a view. He moves away from me grabbing some things out of a set of drawers nearby. 

"And by the way that you're leaning I suspect you've got a cracked rib nothing I can do about that but tell you to be careful as it will be sore for the next couple of days as it heals." He turns back toward me hold some utensils to stitch me up with. He make quick work of cutting off the fabric around the wound and wiping it clean which I cringe over the burning of the alcohol on my skin. 

"I've told that boy he needs to make these events less barbaric—Sure our ancestors might have done things a certain way but we've grown into more civilized people. These things are completely unnecessary..." He grumbles under his breath, "I guess I should just be happy that you have all your limbs still." 

I can't help but smirk at his grumbling and the fact that he referred to Noah in such a way, "I couldn't agree with you more—" I comment in a soft voice before I wince as the needle pierces through my already sensitive flesh. The room falls quiet as he works over my wound. We all can hear the sound of heavy footsteps heading in our direction and it isn't long before the door is slamming open. The old man lets out an irritated sigh, "Noah what have I told you about entering this room—" 

I look towards him to see that he grimaces at the old mans comment and looks down at the ground, "I apologize." I have to hold back the smirk as he looks like a two year old getting scolded.

"Well come in and close the door." He snaps as he finishes the last stitch moving away from me toward a small sink to clean up. Noah comes in and closes the door much softer than the way he had opened it. He looks towards me and I stare back at him, "Hey—" I finally say after an awkward pause. He lifts his hand to the back of his neck scratching, "I wanted to make sure you were okay..." He supplies as if he needs to give me an explanation for why he was there.