Submission

I was pacing back and forth in Noah's room not sure what I should do or say when I saw him again. I mean sure I could admit that I was being a bit of a brat when I said what I had said to him. He obviously wasn't trying to be mean to me. He was trying to look out for me but my stupid self took it in a completely different way in a heated moment. There was no way around it I was going to have to apologize as much as I hated the idea—I was wrong. 

I waited for a little while longer but when he didn't return my impatience got the best of me and I decided that I was going to brave the unknown hallways of this pack house in search of him. I walked out of the room expecting to see guards but there was no one there. I looked both ways down the hallway, "Ennie Meene..." I mutter to myself as I closed my eyes and tried to scent the air. 

"What are you doing?" I raspy female voice whispered in my ear. I jumped back in surprise my eyes popping open. 

The Alpha's daughter stood there with a smirk on her face as she towered over me with her impressive height. I put my hand over my head, "What are you a ninja?" I ask as I look over her suspiciously, "Never sneak up on me—you almost gave me a heart attack." She still looked very amused, "I apologize for scaring you Luna. I'm Christa by the way—" 

"Yeah—for both our sakes just call me Scarlett." I correct her with annoyance. 

She pursed her lips together for a moment, "So what were you doing?" She asks after a moment of awkward silence. I mentally smack myself for getting distracted, "I was trying to find Noah but I am unfamiliar with this place—" I provide as reasoning not wanting to share my lack of direction. She smiled at me, "Oh. I passed Alpha Noah about an hour ago. I believe he was heading in the direction of the training room".  

I looked to her with a big smile, "Christa—I think this thing between us will work out nicely." I point back and forth between the two of us. She gives me a look like I'm strange as she ruffles her hand through her short ebony hair. I turn to the right and start walking. 

"Where are you going?" She calls after me. 

"To the training room" I reply in a 'Duh' tone. I hear Christa laugh, "You're going the wrong way." She says pointedly. I halt in my movements and spin myself back around heading back in the other direction. Christa is wearing an expression of complete amusement, "How about I walk with you for a little while? I was headed in that direction anyway." She provides as an excuse but I don't correct her. She obviously understands my little problem and doesn't want to embarrass me. 

We walk together in a comfortable silence as she leads me through the pack house. People we pass gives us strange looks but say nothing. After a while I can't help my curiosity, "Why is everyone looking at us we're aliens?" I whisper to her as we pass another group of onlookers. 

"Because this is the first time that anything like this has happened in our pack. Females are never chosen as protectors—" Christa states calmly. I want to say that I'm surprised by this news but after meeting her father I'm not. 

"I see—" I comment 

"They think you are a strange Luna—" She responds. I look to a group of women who look away from us and begin whispering among themselves which causes me to feel irritated, "Well perhaps I am a little different. It's not like this comes with a training manual."