The New Deal

The tour was short lived and before I knew it we were waiting outside of the meeting room again. I wish that I had just waited for Noah back at the pack house like Dane had suggested but my jealousy had driven me to come here and now that I had talked to Noah I was bored out of my mind waiting for him. 

"Do meetings normally take this long?" I ask nadia. She was sitting on the ground with her back leaning against the wall. She gave me a look and then shrugged her shoulders, "I have no idea—I've never been high enough ranked to be involved in these things."

"Excuse me I assumed because your mate—" I say awkwardly. She smiles at me, "It's fine. Yes my mate is highly ranked but I'm just an average wolf." I look her over more carefully my eyes finding the scar on her cheek. As if sensing that she looked away, "I got that when I first joined Noah's pack. I was visiting a friend and thats when found my mate but he was dating someone else—" 

"Gretchen?" I ask remembering my first day with the pack and the tension between the two of them. She nodded her head, "Well I guess you could say she wasn't to happy when I 'took' her boyfriend. So when I went through the trials to join the pack. she happily volunteered to be my challenger and gave me this as a souvenir. She still holds a grudge against me. Not that I care—I'd do it all over again if it meant being with my mate."  

I smiled at her words, "I think you are more than average Nadia." It was true she might not be a high ranked wolf but ranks meant nothing to me when it came down to someone's heart. She clearly had the heart needed to be a strong wolf and woman. Nadia's cheeks turned a slight pink at my compliment, "Thank you Luna." I don't correct her because I know she feels honored by my assessment of her. 

When my ears picked up growling voices I turned my attention to the door. Nadia must have heard it too because she pushed up off the floor in a very alert manner. My wolf started to stir in me, Something is wrong with our mate. I don't like this. We need to be with our mate. 

I walked towards the door with determination and the guards stepped in front of me blocking the way, "I'm sorry you can't enter right now. The Alpha's still in there meeting." One them said in a monotone voice. I kept my face expressionless for the moment, "Clearly—however, my mate is in there and I would like to speak with him." The guard shakes his head, "I was told no more interruptions—" 

I looked towards him with a nasty glare, "You have ten seconds to get out of my way..." I growl. Nadia came to stand beside me, "You heard the woman—get out of the way or you'll really wish you had." I look over to her quickly happy for the support. The men however were unwilling to move and remained silent. I growled in anger, "Fine—have it your way." I let my wolf rise to the surface before I grabbed one by his shirt drawing him close and kneeing him hard in his manhood. He went down like the titanic, a breathless moan passing his lips. Nadia followed my lead and took out the other guard. 

I looked down at him with a sneer, "Next time I suggest you move out of the damn way." I open the door quickly and enter the room, Nadia following behind me. 

Alpha Randall was sitting behind his desk with a look of superiority and Noah was standing his chest rising and falling quickly, clearly signs of distress. Beta Robert was standing near the Alpha's daughter looking very tense.