In the Heat of the Moment

I woke up that night in a dead sweat my body screaming in a burning inferno. At first I thought I was dying or something but then slowly I realized that I must have come into heat. At that moment I pulled myself out of bed and I stumbled toward my bathroom needing to find relief from the inferno inside of my body. I don’t know how I made it to the giant tub but I did. I turned on the cold water and quickly stripped out of my sweat drenched clothes. I lowered myself into the cool water with a sigh of relief. 

After a few moments in the cool water and I gained more control of my brain I began cursing Noah and his existence. I had half a mind to tie him to my bed and make him just as uncomfortable as I was. However,  the imagine of him tied to my bed caused heat to rush through my veins and my wolf howling for me to do exactly what I had imagined. Damn it! I cursed myself and then Noah again. I don’t know when it happened but I must have dozed off while in the tub. 

When I woke up I lazily got up out of the tub and made my way to my bedroom to get some fresh clothes happy to find that the symptoms of the heat had dissipated some. When I opened the bathroom door I walked right smack into the hard chest of a male. I let out a shocked scream, scrambling backwards and quickly punching out with my fist. It collided full force into the persons face. He hit the ground with a loud thud and a string of curses. I rushed quickly to the towel rack grabbing at the towel hanging on it and wrapping it around my body. I took a deep breath before I exited the bathroom to find Dane sprawled out on my floor holding his nose in his hands. I come to stand over him glaring down at him, “Serves you right for coming in here without announcing yourself—Are you alright?” I ask feeling slightly bad over my reaction. He peeked open one of his eyes, “You have a mean punch, anyone ever tell you that?“ He asks dryly. 

Before I can answer Noah is charging in through my bedroom door looking ready to attack. I know it must be because he heard me scream like a banshee. 

“Great, not you too—“ I comment in annoyance. 

“I heard you scream—what’s going on?” He asks looking from me down to Dane who is still half laying on my floor holding a bloody nose. 

“Nothing I couldn’t take care of on my own—“ I snap as I start to feel the heat inside me building again, “Now please take your goon and leave my room I am not in the mood…” Or well I was in the mood and that was definitely the problem. Noah narrowed his eyes at me but said nothing more as he made his way toward us. Dane was slowly lifting himself up off the floor. He stumbled forward and I instinctively reached out to help him. I really must have punched him harder than I thought. The only problem was I didn’t account for the fact that I was in heat and my skin was ultra sensitive to touch at the moment. 

I let out a small moan when he came into contact with my skin. I bit my lip trying to hide my embarrassment when Dane looked at me with strange expression. Noah let out a low growl, “Step away from her…” His voice was deep and threatening. Dane quickly moved back from me stumbling slightly but catching himself. He lowered his head in submission, “I apologize Alpha—“ I don’t even know if he knew what he was apologizing for at this point. 

“Leave us!” He barked and Dane didn’t need anymore prompting. He scurried out of my room like someone had lit his butt on fire. I looked to Noah ready to tell him off for his rude behavior but found my mouth growing dry when I found myself looking into black eyes. I took a hesitant step back but when he growled at me I froze up completely. I watched as he closed his eyes and breathed in my scent deeply. I felt my face grow hot because I knew he must be able to smell that I was in heat.