The House In The Woods [1]

Just breathe. That's what my master would always tell me when I got stressed out. I had been wandering for days, but I just couldn't find where to go. I was sent to the Final Selection, but I couldn't find my way there. My sense of direction wasn't all that great and I've been traveling alone for my whole life...

I was tired. I'd been warding off demons and hunger for all this time, and my giant heavy sword wasn't helping my situation. It's not easy to survive a demon attack when you're so hungry and your sword is so heavy.

I eventually stumbled across a small house in the woods. I didn't even know where I was, but the towering mountain was as clear as day. It didn't look like anybody was inside the house from afar, but as I got closer, I saw light. The door was busted open and I began to pray to some type of higher being that it wasn't a demon inside.

Y/N: Please help me find a place to rest. Let this home welcome me with open arms, even if only just for a day. Please, if there is somebody out there hearing this prayer, see me through this.

As I moved nearer to the house, my legs gave out from all the pain I was in and I couldn't support my body weight anymore. I collapsed in the woods before I could even get closer to the house.

**Come on, Y/N! Move! Make it to the door at least! Make it to a place where somebody might see you! Get closer! Come on, legs, work with me!**

I tried to crawl, but I was just too tired. I'd never gone this long and had this many fights without getting proper rest.

Y/N: Hello?! Help me, please!

I was thirsty, so my throat was dry and my voice was giving out on me, but I was hoping whoever was in the house could hear my silent cries. I assumed the worst as I never got a response from anybody in the house.

**So this is where it ends? All that hard work and training just to be defeated by the elements? Disgraceful**

I stopped calling for help as I ran out of energy and started to pass out. I couldn't stay awake any longer. I was just too exhausted.

Help me

When I came to, I caught myself staring up at the ceiling of a room. It was dark, but the room was dimly lit by a lamp. There was nobody in the room with me, but I had been tucked into bed.

**What the?**

I sat up and looked around. It was a pretty empty room aside from a few futons laid out, a bowl of soup next to me, and a cup of tea. It seemed I was in some type of 'guest' room.

???: You're awake.

There was a small opening between the door to the room I was in. Through it, I could see the back of a man with a blue kimono and silver hair. He seemed to be brewing something.

I got up and walked over to the door to go out and meet him. I was still exhausted physically, so my body creaked as I moved. As I got closer to the door, I could vaguely make out some type of mask on his face.

???: What brings you out this way?

I opened the door and headed out into the main living quarters of this home. The home wasn't too big, but it was a cozy space. The smell of the tea the man was brewing was a pleasant scent that covered the entire room. There was another room, but the door was closed and it was dark inside. Nobody must've been in there.

Y/N: Hello, sir?

I looked around again. I felt no hostility from this man or from this place.