Christmas Short [Special]

Author's Note: Hey y'all, thanks for coming through to check out the story! This chapter is both non-canon to the story and not a part of the original storyline either. However, it's just something short and sweet to hold you all off until the release of the TRUE next chapter. Again, thanks for the constant support of my stories, and I hope you all continue to enjoy what comes!
---------------------------------------------------------
It was Christmas Eve as I stood by my window and stared outside. The entire area was white with snow. Regardless of how pretty it was outside, I couldn't make myself be happy about the holidays.

**Just put on a smile and keep it moving... Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I should ruin it for everybody else.**

I walked over and sat on my bed. Ever since the murder of my family, I've disliked the Christmas season. My family loved the holidays, so celebrating without them didn't feel right.

**Not without family... Just tough it out.**

Nezuko came barging into the room with a whole lot of energy. She ran back and forth across the room with no endgame in sight.

Y/N: You sure love the season, huh..?

Nezuko stopped running and ran over to me. Even I could hear the tired tone in my voice, so I knew she could tell something was wrong.

Nezuko: Hmm?

Y/N: Just haven't been sleeping well. I'm a bit tired.

Nezuko arched her eyebrows and looked upset. She was feeling bad that I was feeling bad. She jumped up and ran out of the room.

Y/N: Nezuko, I'm not sad-

**Did I hurt her feelings by not reciprocating the energy that she entered with? I don't know what I did, but I hope not.**

Within a few moments, Nezuko re-entered the room with 3 balls. She ran over and stood in front of me.

Nezuko: Hmm!~

She held out the balls in front of me for a second before she started to juggle them. I was completely impressed. Her ball control and focus were admirable and it almost looked like she was doing it unconsciously. I let her keep going for a while to see how long she could do it before she messed up. It didn't look like she was messing up any time soon, but I was willing to let her stop. I caught one of the balls out of the air before she could keep going and it messed up her rhythm.

**That was so random, but also pretty entertaining.**

Nezuko was breathing heavier than usual as she looked up at me. She was waiting to see what I was going to say. Combining how random what she just did was with how adorable she looked awaiting my approval, I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I laid back on my bed and wiped the tears from my eyes.

Y/N: Good job, Nezuko! Great show!

**I don't know what compelled her to start juggling, but she's just so funny sometimes.**

Nezuko stood next to the bed and looked down at me with a confused expression. I reached over and pet her head.

Y/N: You can juggle?!

She nodded.

Y/N: You never told me this. That's really cool, I can't even juggle myself.

Her eyes got wide and she grabbed the other 2 balls and handed them to me.

Nezuko: Hmph-mmm!

She was offering to teach me how to juggle. I decided to entertain her offer and stood up. For the next hour or so, Nezuko tried to teach me how to do it. Honestly, she wasn't a very good teacher, but it was fun to see her trying so hard. Eventually, I figured it out myself, but I credited her anyways.