Through Nezuko's Eyes [27]

I wondered what happened to Y/N as I flipped through their journal looking at the words on the pages that I couldn't even read. Ever since I became a demon, my memory hasn't been the best and my ability to communicate hasn't been too good either. I can think about a lot, but the things I think in my head can't come out sometimes. It's a long time since the last time I saw Y/N, and I hoped every day that they'd come back.

**Y/N, where are you? We still have a story to write. I hope you didn't forget.**

I had a sudden urge to put the journal down and start playing with the ball instead. I placed the journal down next to my pillow and started tossing the ball up in the air. I heard the door open but paid it no mind.

Tanjiro: Hey, Nezuko!

**It was my big brother, Tanjiro!**

I put the ball down and jumped out of bed. I ran over to hug him and he held me. He was always so warm and I liked when he hugged me. He started to pet my head and looked down at me.

**Big brother Tanjiro is always so good to me. I love when he pets my head.**

Tanjiro: Nezuko, do you want to come down and watch us train today?

I knew I had the ability to speak, but my brain wouldn't let me. Whenever I tried it would be almost impossible to tell what I was saying. The muzzle on my mouth that I got from the man with the mismatched haori, Tomioka, wasn't helping that case either.

**I'll just try to say yes, okay? Make big brother happy by trying and he'll give me more head pats!**

Nezuko: Hmph!

**Another attempt to speak ends in disaster...**

Tanjiro started to pet my head anyways as he smiled. His smile always made me happy and made me feel like I was doing something right.

Tanjiro: I'm glad you want to, Nezuko. Let's go down then.

Even though I couldn't speak how I wanted to, there were a few people ever who could understand what I was saying since I became a demon. My big brother Tanjiro, and Y/N. I still missed Y/N, but I was happy to not lose Tanjiro too. I shrunk down to a more comfortable size as Tanjiro took my hand. We walked out of the room and down through the halls. I gained permission to walk the halls freely after I had gained the trust of everyone. As long as I avoided rooms with sunlight, I was okay. Even with my newfound freedom, I preferred to stay in my room and wait for somebody to come to visit.

Tanjiro: It's been so cold recently. Don't you agree Nezuko?

I looked up at him. He was smiling while talking about the weather.

Tanjiro: The cold's nothing new for us, though. Takes me back to the days back home playing with everyone.

There was sadness in his voice, but there was also a weird calmness to it. Like what he was talking about made him sad, but not discouraged.

**That's right, we did grow up in the mountains, right? I can't really remember too well. We would play in the snow every day and mom would get scared whenever one of us caught a cold. I want to play in the snow again.**

I squeezed Tanjiro's hand as we walked past a room with an open door. Inside the room was a window, and I could see it snowing outside. I tugged on Tanjiro's hand and pointed to the window. I couldn't talk, so I had to let him know in another way.

Tanjiro: You want to go outside?

He chuckled.

Tanjiro: Soon, I promise.

**I trust you. You've never let me down.**

Tanjiro: And once I do, we can go play in the snow with everyone and make snow angels and just have fun like we always used to.