Grief And Sorrow [37]

Y/N: Where was I?

I was speaking slowly and dragging my words.

Y/N: I was at a village a little ways off from here. Sorry for making you worry.

Aoi: Don't apologize... I knew you were leaving, but seeing how you returned... I was just concerned. You looked so... sad.

Y/N: Let's just say I'm not feeling one-hundred percent right now.

She stared at me and tried to break down the situation.

Aoi: Something must've happened that I'm not supposed to know about. I won't ask you to tell me, but it makes sense that you wanted to see Shinobu now...

Y/N: Why's that?

Aoi: Shinobu was just like you are. She was so upset and sad about something but refused to talk about it. Even Kanao won't tell me. I can take a hint, so I won't ask.

Y/N: I appreciate it. Don't be too concerned about us though, we'll be better by the afternoon.

I told Aoi I'd be fine by later, but she still sat outside with me for a while. It was very early in the day, so she had time to blow before having to get to work. I didn't feel like talking much, but she understood that and respected my wishes. She didn't know what had me so sad, but she knew that I was grieving and gave me silence. After an hour or so, Aoi stood up. The sun had fully come up and the day was beginning.

Aoi: People should start waking up soon. I need to go back in.

Y/N: Alright. See you later. Thanks for sitting with me.

Aoi: Any time. You can come to find me if you need to talk, but I won't pester you about it anymore.

Y/N: Whenever I can, I'll tell you. Thanks again.

Aoi: And don't stay out too long. It's cold out.

Y/N: I won't.

She was glad that I was actually talking again. She smiled and went back inside.

**I can't grieve all day. Come on and get a grip, Y/N... Be strong for everybody else's sake.**

I stood back up and headed back inside because it actually was a bit cold outside.

**I don't have my haori... Of course, it's cold.**

I headed to a washroom and rinsed my face. I stared at myself and wondered how I got here.

**Why wasn't fate on Rengoku's side? Fate is always looking out for me, and I don't even deserve it. But I guess this was fate... It can't be changed and we can't go back. That's what Kyojuro would've said, right?**

I dried my face off and left. I had to go back to Shinobu's office to grab my haori before she woke up. I got to the room and quietly opened the door to go in?

Shinobu: Oh? Why so sneaky?

I looked over and saw Shinobu sitting at her desk. She still had my haori thrown over her head and was using it as a blanket.

Shinobu: Come in, don't be shy now. What brings you over here so early?

**Aoi said she was sad... This feels like regular Shinobu to me.**

Y/N: I came to see if I left my haori here, but...

Shinobu: I apologize, here you are.

She took off the haori and gave it back to me.

Shinobu: I was wearing it because it really was quite warm, and... Well, anyway, I woke up on the couch with that jacket and a blanket thrown over me. I know it was you who did that for me.