Unforeseen Events [ 7]

The other side... Making it to the other side of the mountain seemed so far away. Tetsuo and I have been running through hordes of demons for 4 days while only getting time to rest when the sun was up. It was hard to find safe zones since the mountain was covered in trees, but even when we did find places bathed by the sunlight, demons would wait in the shadows until nighttime and then attack. We've decided on minimal fighting to save our energy, so when demons attacked we ran unless that wasn't an option. Luckily, all of the demons so far have either been fodder or fought against each other over who would get Tetsuo. I haven't even had to go all-out yet and Tetsuo hasn't even used the dagger. We were moving at a slow pace, but the demons didn't seem like too much of a problem.

**I didn't think Tetsuo's Marechi blood was that big of a deal, but these demons really wanted a piece of him. I could avoid all of this trouble by just splitting up with him, but there's no way I could morally do that to him and feel good.**

We sat down on the ground and leaned against a rock. I took off my bag and placed it in between us both. I still had a good amount of food inside of it, so we decided to rest and eat to replenish. Initially, I thought Urokodaki packed so much food for the trip to Final Selection, but now I realized it was to cover the trip here AND the exam itself.

Y/N: Sheesh. This is more stressful than anything I've ever done before.

Tetsuo: No kidding.

Y/N: Good thing they're all so weak.

Tetsuo: Nah. We're just so strong.

I liked that way of thinking better. It truly was getting annoying to get through these demons, especially at night, but I'm glad I found somebody to go through it with me.

Y/N: You still haven't shown me that dagger yet.

Tetsuo: And you still haven't shown me what that sword can really do.

Y/N: In due time.

Tetsuo: Ditto. Just wait until we come across a worthwhile demon.

Y/N: Careful what you wish for.

We should've been more careful

A day later, Tetsuo and I were running through the mountain at night when we heard screaming and yelling from in the distance.

Tetsuo: What the?

**My better judgment is telling me to avoid that area by any means possible, but my heart was telling me to go. If somebody was in trouble, I needed to help**

I turned off the path we were running and headed in the direction of the yelling.

Tetsuo: Wait!

I heard Tetsuo, but I couldn't stop running. My body was practically moving on its own. I heard Tetsuo change directions and run towards me. We ran until we found the source of the yelling.

Y/N: Holy...

I covered my mouth to stop myself from yelling or throwing up. A large demon stood surrounded by bodies of people it had slain. Its body resembled a sumo wrestler, and it had four arms. I couldn't see its face as it wore a moose skull over its head. The source of the screaming was a girl it had in one of its hands. When I moved, Tetsuo moved faster. He ran past me and swiftly jumped into the action cutting off the demon's arm that was carrying the girl.

Tetsuo: You alright?!

Y/N: Watch out!

The demon had already regenerated its lost arm and prepared to swing at Tetsuo. I sprung into action and took the blow of the demon's fist with the side of my sword. The impact sent me tumbling back into a bush, but nobody was hurt.