I Love You, Nezuko [22]

Nezuko was lying in bed relaxing. I thought she had fallen back asleep, but her eyes were open. She was looking up at the ceiling thinking about who knows what. She looked over as I entered the room.

Y/N: I'm back as promised!

She jumped out of bed and ran over to hug me. She was just Nezuko... Not Nezuko the human and not Nezuko the demon. Just Nezuko. However, I still wanted to test the validity of everybody's claims.

Y/N: Hey, Nezuko?

She let go of me and backed up.

Y/N: Were you turned into a demon?

**That's the bluntest way to ask. No reason to beat around the bush.**

She looked up at me with a blank stare. She didn't give any visual or vocal clues to say either yes or no to my question.

Y/N: Some people have been telling me you were turned into a demon. Can you prove it by any chance?

Nezuko ran across the room and grabbed the wooden box, holding it up to me. She was trying to tell me the box was for her, but that wasn't enough evidence for me. It was just a box.

Y/N: I understand that, but if that box is for you then how do you even fit in there? That box is so much smaller than you.

She placed the box on the floor and stepped away from it. She looked down at the ground and all of a sudden she started to shrink. She became so small that she looked like a toddler. She dragged her clothes along the floor as she ran over and sat inside the box.

**She can change her size? No way a human could do that. Is this a Blood Demon Art? It has to be.**

That size manipulation was all I needed to be convinced that Nezuko was a demon. I wanted to know more about how it happened, but I decided not to ask. Tanjiro said his family was attacked, and that was enough.

Y/N: So the rumors were true.

I noticed my tone seemed a little distasteful. She came back out of the box and changed her size back to regular. She grabbed the journal off the windowsill and ran over to me with it.

**Forget that she's a demon. It's still just Nezuko.**

I took it and flipped through the pages.

**I really did write a lot. I wonder which ones Nezuko's read and which she hasn't.**

She followed me as I walked over to the bed. I didn't want to get on her bed, so I sat on the floor next to it. She stood there watching me.

Y/N: Which one did you want to read?

She stared at me expressionless expecting me to already know which ones she wanted to hear. I flipped through the pages and stopped randomly.

**This is one of the logs about when I was searching for the Final Selection originally.**

Y/N: How about this one?

She kept staring at me. She was just as hard to read as ever, but that was something I'd gotten used to. I still couldn't tell if she wanted to hear that one or not.

Y/N: Or you know what? How about I tell you a brand new one?

Her eyes widened a little bit. That small movement was enough to tell me that she was interested.

Y/N: These are events that happened before I got the journal, so I never had a chance to log them.

I closed the journal and placed it in my lap.