Nezuko [2]

I obeyed what Urokodaki said and just tried not to make a mess of the place. I sat in the guest room and enjoyed the bowl of soup and tea he had left for me. It honestly made me feel 100% again, but I knew that energy boost was just temporary. I wasn't recovered yet.

**Urokodaki's been out there for a long time. Should I go look for him?**

I left the room I was in and walked over to the front door to look out and see if I saw him returning. I didn't.

**Maybe I should...**

I started heading back towards the guest room to grab my sword, but I heard a scratching sound from the other room. I got on edge. As far as I was concerned, nothing should've been in there. It looked exactly how it had looked earlier when I saw it.

**It can't be a demon. If it was a demon then they would've rampaged through the house by now. It's gotta be some little forest animal scratching at the wood or something. I'll hurry up and let it outside so I can go search for Urokodaki**

I walked over towards the door and the scratching sound intensified. Whatever animal was in there probably felt that I was coming. As soon as I got to the door, the scratching sound stopped. I opened the door assuming the animal inside was trying to hide now. I didn't see any hiding animals inside, but rather a blanket on the ground with a lump under it.

**Smart animal. It tried to hide under the blanket so I wouldn't see it**

I walked into the room and the blanket shifted further away from me. It startled me a bit. The blanket made small sudden movements getting further and further away from me. The animal under it probably thought I couldn't see it moving. I just stood there and watched the blanket. I was wondering what the animal was planning to do next, but as I watched, I saw a hand reach out from under the blanket. They had sharp pink nails tipped with red. The hand lifted up the blanket a little bit and a set of pink eyes stared up at me. I kind of tilted my head in confusion.

**It wasn't an animal, it was a seemingly small girl. Was this Urokodaki's daughter?**

Y/N: Hello there.

She had my full attention now. I forgot what I was about to do before I came into this room. I waved at her and she went back under the blanket.

**Huh..?**

Eventually, the girl lifted the blanket up some more and rested it on top of her head. I couldn't see her fully still, but I could see her better than before. Her face looked innocent and her eyebrows slanted downwards. It looked like she was trying to get a read on me. She had long eyelashes and bright pink eyes. Her hair was long and black with reddish-orange streaks at the ends. She also had a pink ribbon in her hair, but most strangely of all, she had a piece of bamboo in her mouth that was strapped around her head. She was a very pretty girl. She couldn't have been much younger than I was. Maybe a year or two at best?

Y/N: Are you Urokodaki's daughter?

She didn't say anything, but she crawled out from under the blanket and stood up. Now I could see her in full and it kind of looked like she got bigger when she came out from under the blanket. She was wearing a brownish-black haori that dropped down almost to her feet. Under it, she wore a pink kimono with a red-white checkered obi wrapped around it. The obi was lined with another green-colored sash. She wore a pair of zori sandals with pink straps and white tabi socks. Her legs were wrapped with some thick brown material. My opinion of her stood... She was so pretty.

Y/N: My name is Y/N. I was picked up today. I hope you don't mind my staying here for a little bit until I'm okay to leave.

She still didn't say anything and just stood there staring at me. I unlocked with her eyes and started looking all around the room. It was awkward to just stare at her and have her not say anything, but she refused to break her gaze. While looking around the room I saw some marks on the floor. It seemed that's where the scratching sound was coming from. She was scratching at the wood drawing something.