Mitsuri Kanroji [13]

**I fell asleep. That's right... I was sleeping. Or is that wrong?**

I struggled to open my eyes and my train of thought was all over the place. I managed to force my eyes open and found myself staring up at a ceiling. I was reminded of the first time I met Urokodaki and woke up staring at a ceiling.

**This isn't Urokodaki's place. Where am I?**

I didn't want to get up. I was tucked into a bed comfortably and the room smelled sweet almost like honey. I didn't get up, but I moved my head and looked around. The room I was lying in was big and bright. There was a table at the foot of the bed I was laying in. It had a bunch of empty plates and bowls on it. There was a note on the table, but I couldn't see what it said from where I was. Regardless of how comfortable I was, I decided to finally get up. My body creaked as I moved towards the table. I got frustrated at the condition my body was in. I'd just recovered and now I'm down again. I was feeling depressed. I thought I was strong, and I thought I was ready, but I haven't done anything yet. I hadn't been a Demon Slayer for long, but I haven't done anything.

**How weak can I be? I got thrown around by those demons like a ragdoll. I thought I was strong, but now I know I'm not. To call myself stronger than anybody else is just foolish...**

I shook off those thoughts for the time being as I got to the table and picked up the note. It read, 'Hey, I left you some food for when you woke up, but I got hungry and ate it, sorry! I could've made you more but-' and the note just ended there. I wasn't that hungry, but I did want to know where I was. I didn't think there was any hostility in this house I was at considering that I was tucked into bed and all of my belongings remained.

**Let's see what's going on out there.**

I moved towards the door and opened it. Outside, I saw somebody sitting at a table. I recognized them instantly. It was the pink and green haired girl who saved me before. Out the window, I saw that the sun was setting and it was getting dark out. On the table were a bunch of bowls and plates. She was looking down at something on the table. I closed the door behind me and walked towards her. I realized she was reading a note.

Y/N: Uhm, Hashira?

She tensed up a little bit when I spoke. It seems she was really into the note she was reading. She folded it up and turned around to face me.

???: Hi! I'm so glad you're up and okay. Are you still hurt? You move well, how old are you? Do you use breathing techniques? What kind? You took a real beating yesterday, but you're still able to move? You must be really strong, what's your workout routine? Or is it all-natural just like-

She was all over the place. I couldn't even answer her questions, so I changed the topic.

Y/N: Uh... Thank you for saving me. I was really in trouble before you came. Thank you.

She averted her eyes and looked down. It looked like she was fighting back the urge to smile, but she couldn't and a small smile appeared.

Y/N: Are you Hashira? Ringo told me somebody named Hashira was coming.

???: Ringo?

Y/N: My Kasugai Crow. I named him Ringo because he always has an apple when he comes to me.

She covered her mouth and her cheeks puffed. Her eyebrows arched and it looked like she was trying hard not to laugh. She looked so funny and her energy was hard not to match as I smiled.

**Ringo is kind of a funny bird, isn't he?**

???: Sorry, I'm not laughing at the name. It's just weird behavior for a Kasugai Crow.