Beatdown [12]

A train station is what I found when I headed in the direction my crow was telling me to. It was rundown and abandoned just like Ringo said.

**This place seems too ghostly. It's a mess... It had to be abandoned a while ago.**

There was a toppled-over train car sitting on the tracks and debris all around. The place was littered with clothes and other accessories from civilians who were either unlucky enough to stumble across this place or from those who were kidnapped and brought here. It made me angry to think about how many people may have lost their lives here. But still, if I hadn't been told this was a train station, it'd be hard to tell without the actual track being there. The place was in ruins and it was bizarrely quiet. Despite the silence, I could sense a strong feeling of death lingering in the air. This was definitely the place.

**The crow wasn't lying. Something's here.**

I drew my sword, prepared for anything, then slowly moved through the station. It was large, but it was a mess and looked more like a junkyard than a station. It was so quiet that I could hear debris breaking under my feet as I walked.

Ringo: Danger! Look out! Danger!

Ringo started to yell as he flew away.

Y/N: Huh?

The debris I was walking over started to shake and rumble. I was able to jump away from where I was standing before the debris could shoot into the air. I landed with my back against a broken stone pillar as multiple bodies of deceased Demon Slayers and civilians shot out from under the rubble where I was previously standing. I saw a brown claw sticking out of the ground before it went back under. The sight of civilian and Slayer corpses both disgusted and angered me.

**I'm a Slayer now. Nobody has to die and suffer if I can do something about it! But what is that thing? Even if I'm scared, I have to go after it!**

Before I could chase it, a white claw swiped at my back from behind a pillar I was leaning against. I was able to jump out of the way and simultaneously cut its arm off. I got ready to slice the pillar and whatever was behind it, but something caught me. Some debris seemed to have grabbed onto my right leg and the brown claw from before grabbed my left leg. A fully grey figure dropped from the air above with sharp claws and tried to attack me from above. I managed to get my sword up to block the attack, but the white claw came swinging again. I let myself fall backward to dodge, but it grazed my chest and slashed me. While on my back, the grey demon tried to pounce on me, but I deflected it again.

**What's happening!? I can't think! I can't see it! How many are there, 3? Or is it just one? I can't gather my thoughts!**

The debris around me started to move and tried to bury me. I kicked free from the hand grabbing my leg and pulled my other leg out of the debris as I rolled backward down a hill of rubble onto the train tracks. I looked back up to where I just fell from and I could see what I was fighting. Three similar-looking demons looked down on me. They all had black-brown hair and a large red circle was on each of the white one's cheeks. The rest of their bodies almost seemed like they were made of clay. They looked like silhouettes with the only difference between them all being their bodily colors and the white one's red cheeks.

**Why would I get sent here alone if there are 3 demons? Unless there were more people sent here who met their demise.**

DemonBrown: Can you all take a hint?

DemonWhite: No! Keep sending these Slayers here to die!

DemonGrey: At least send some Marechi or something.

**Marechi? Should I call for Tetsuo? No, I can't... He's probably caught up in his own mission right now. I need to fight.**

I didn't say anything. There's no way I was gonna talk to these demons, and the more time they stalled gave me a chance to think.