Final Farewell [26]

The floor wasn't the only thing left broken last night. I was too. For the first time, I woke up actually remember what happened before I fell asleep. I passed out after my outburst and woke up back in bed. My body was bandaged up and it was clear that the girls had taken care of me overnight. I got up out of bed. I looked around my room and had a bitter taste in my mouth. For some reason, it felt like I didn't belong there anymore.

**I told them these injuries were nothing. I hope they didn't spend too much time on me and they've been taking care of everybody else.**

I grabbed my sword and got dressed to leave. I had no intention of staying here any longer and I needed to go.

**I don't belong here anymore. It's time to hit the road and just see where Ringo takes me.**

I quietly snuck out of the room I was in. The halls were quiet and it seemed things had calmed down since yesterday. I didn't know if I should say bye to everyone, or just leave and not have them worry.

**Maybe I'll leave a note.**

I crept through the halls and made my way up to Nezuko's room. I knew she wasn't there since she was resting in a patient's room with Aoi. I headed inside the room to see the mess from yesterday had been cleaned up.

**Must've been the Kakushi.**

I walked over and took the journal off the bed. I got sentimental as I flipped through the pages and considered taking the journal with me.

**Nezuko would like to have it more than I would. I'll leave it.**

I ripped out some pages so I could write goodbye letters to everybody before I left. I started with Shinobu.

~~ Lady Shinobu, thank you for everything you've done for me over these last few years. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to repay the hospitality you've shown me, but if the opportunity ever arises then I'll take it without hesitation. I'm sorry if you feel like I let you down, but I'll be out of your hair now. Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but someday down the road, I hope that we may get to fight side by side as Hashira. I don't know, I'm kind of just writing stuff at this point... Love you like family, and I'm sad to go, but just know that I have nothing but respect for you. Truly, Y/N.~~

**I don't know if Shinobu and Kanao are back yet, but I'll leave this letter somewhere that Lady Shinobu will see it.**

I folded the paper in half so I could leave it somewhere for her to see later when I was already gone.

**I'll write to Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi next. One letter to save time.**

~~ Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi... It'd be sugarcoating to say that you all have been a breath of fresh air since I got here. I know I may have intimidated you all when first arrived, but I'm glad we could grow so close. You're all just wonderful bundles of energy and I'm amazed at your prowess in the medical field. You're all still young, so within a few years you may even be better than Shinobu! Thanks again for my new sword sheath, I treasure it like it's a part of my body. Just promise me you all won't be sad if I end up leaving this note and never saying a proper goodbye in person. Keep being great, and we're destined to meet again someday. Yours, Y/N~~

I folded that note too and placed it with the note I had for Shinobu. I was getting emotional while writing, but I had already made my mind up. I didn't deserve to be here right now.

**I think Kanao might appreciate a letter too.**

~~ Hey, Kanao! I'm leaving this letter with Shinobu, but I'm hoping she can get it to you. You've always been amazingly talented, so much so that I was in disbelief that we're in the same age group. You should really consider dropping that coin thing and just expressing yourself more freely. People would appreciate getting to know you better. I haven't found my mentor yet, but I'm glad you have Shinobu. Cling to her, but not too clingy... Grow with her and meet me again sometime in the future where we will have both reached unimaginable levels. Be safe, Y/N.~~