Nightmarish Scenario [30]

Y/N: Thank you. Here's your jacket back.

I folded the haori and placed it in the bed next to Nezuko. She was tucked in and sleeping. Tanjiro was sitting in a chair next to her bed.

Tanjiro: Thanks.

Tanjiro was hunched over. He held his hair in one hand and a knife in the other. He was giving up the long-haired look as he started to cut it to a shorter length.

Y/N: Retiring the long hair already?

Tanjiro: You liked it?

Y/N: Either or is fine with me.

Tanjiro: Yeah, my hair just got in my face a lot and it was messing up my vision. So that's why I'm cutting it finally.

Y/N: You need assistance?

Tanjiro: It's alright, you can just relax.

I watched him as he continued to slice his hair. His eyes were fixed on the sleeping Nezuko.

Y/N: She's asleep earlier than I remember. Must've been really tired.

Tanjiro: She's been up and active all day. At least until you got here.

Y/N: Right, I saw that you all had put together a little party for her. I wish I'd gotten here sooner.

Tanjiro: What's important isn't when you made it, but that you made it. Nezuko stayed with you in that room for the entire time you've been back.

Y/N: I figured as much. I was just asleep most of the time, though...

Tanjiro: Oh believe me when I say Nezuko can keep herself entertained. From what the girls told me, Nezuko was running laps around the room and jumping from bed to bed like crazy.

I laughed trying to imagine it. It didn't seem out of character for her at all.

Y/N: Did you see Rengoku and Mitsuri earlier when they came over?

Tanjiro: Yes! I was able to talk with Rengoku-san. I'm not sure which one Mitsuri is, but I'm assuming they're also one of the Hashira?

I was assuming that everybody just knew the Hashira without realizing how important their position was. Not everybody had the privilege of getting to know them.

Y/N: Yeah, she's got pink-green hair with 3 braids. She's got a pure face, but a pretty revealing Slayer uniform...

Tanjiro: Oh yeah I remember her. We haven't spoken before, but I remember she defended me and Nezuko from the other Hashira the first time I met them all.

Y/N: I think all of the Hashira are great people...

I thought about Obanai and Sanemi who always have those scowls or annoyed looks on their faces. I also thought about the boy with the black and turquoise hair that I haven't met yet.

Y/N: For the most part... But even amongst them, Mitsuri's always been one of the more compassionate and loving of the bunch.

I pointed over at Nezuko.

Y/N: Mitsuri and Nezuko were actually getting along really well earlier too. She's the one who braided Nezuko's hair like that.

Tanjiro: You know I was wondering who braided it, I just never asked. I assumed it was you.

Y/N: I wish I could do hair like that.

Tanjiro: I can teach you if you want.

Y/N: You know how, really?

Tanjiro: You'd be surprised.

Y/N: You got that right.

Tanjiro finished cutting his hair and pocketed the knife.