Nezuko Reuinion [21]

Nezuko laid in bed fast asleep. She seemed so peaceful. She looked just how she did the last time I saw her a year or so ago. In the corner of the room was the box that she was carried in. It felt surreal to think that she was a demon.

**Not Nezuko... Not the Nezuko I know.**

Y/N: She can't be a demon... She looks the same as before.

Tanjiro: As before? You've met Nezuko already?

He walked over to the bed and looked down at her.

Y/N: She actually saved me around a year ago. I was exhausted and thought I was going to die

He smiled and started to pet her head as she slept.

Tanjiro: Sounds like my Nezuko. Always looking out for other people.

I reached onto my back and pulled off my sheath and showed it to Tanjiro. I held the sheath out and he took it examining it. I pointed to the origami heart.

Y/N: Back at Urokodaki's home, I taught Nezuko about origami and she made this for me.

Tanjiro: Origami?

Y/N: You don't know about origami either? Well, it's the art of folding paper into different shapes and figures.

Tanjiro: So that was you?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Tanjiro: Wait a second! Then that must mean-

Tanjiro looked around the room for something but didn't find what he was searching for.

Y/N: What're you looking for?

Tanjiro: Well, Nezuko's been carrying around this notebook with her. She really likes what's written inside.

**So Nezuko still had the notebook, huh? That's refreshing to hear. I'm happy she was getting enjoyment out of the things I've written inside. I just hope I didn't write anything bad.**

Tanjiro: She likes to draw on some of the blank pages too. She's also been tearing sheets out and folding them up into weird shapes. Like that 'origami' you mentioned. And also...

Tanjiro handed me back the sheath.

Tanjiro: I should've known there was something about you the first time we met. You had Nezuko's scent on you, but I didn't question it. I thought I was just going crazy since I was just returning from the Final Selection.

Y/N: We were really close. We spent pretty much every night together. I left without saying anything, though... I didn't expect the next time I saw her to be under these circumstances.

I put the sheath back on.

Y/N: She couldn't be a demon... There's no way she was... Demons don't act how she does.

Tanjiro looked at me sideways. It didn't seem like he was judging me, but rather that he was confused by what I said.

Tanjiro: Not all demons are bad, you know. I've met some good ones.

I looked down at Nezuko. She was still so pretty, innocent, and relaxed. She was the opposite of everything I knew about demons.

**Somebody's lying. There's no way Nezuko's a demon. There's especially no way she was a demon back then.**

Y/N: I refuse to believe it. I'm trying, I really am, but I can't... If Nezuko's a demon, then prove it.

I didn't know how he could prove it, I just didn't want to think that somebody I liked so much could actually be something that I despised.