Departure [11]

We ran as far as we could before the fatigue started to catch up. We'd made it a decent distance away from the mountain before we had to stop and take it slow.

Y/N: Still feeling that adrenaline?

Tetsuo: A little bit. But where is this place at?

Y/N: I couldn't tell you. You sure we're going in the right direction?

Tetsuo: Definitely. I'd bet my life on it.

**Well that was dramatic... But I guess I'm going to trust Tetsuo's sense of direction before my own.**

Y/N: Okay, I believe you.

A crow came flying out of the trees and landed on my shoulder. I knew it was mine because it had an apple in its beak. It dropped the apple into hand and began to speak.

MyCrow: Put some pep in your step. Demons won't wait for you.

It picked up the apple it dropped in my hand and started to eat it before flying away.

Tetsuo: Was it taunting us?

Y/N: Y'know what, man, I don't know. These birds still make no sense to me.

Tetsuo: Well I can't act like they make sense to me either. You got a name for yours yet?

I hadn't even been thinking about a name. It wasn't something I thought to be important, but I guess it was.

Y/N: Nope. Hadn't even thought about it. Do you?

He rubbed his head and thought for a second.

Tetsuo: I don't know. I'd been thinking about it for like 3 hours now, but I couldn't come up with anything. I was hoping you had something that'd inspire me.

Y/N: Let me think.

**What do you even name a pet crow? Are these things even pets?** Maybe Ringo would be a good name.**

Ringo meant apple.

**I mean, he does always have an apple with him when he shows up.**

Y/N: What about Ringo?

Tetsuo: Like, apple?

Y/N: Yeah. You ever notice how whenever my crow shows up it has an apple?

Tetsuo: I haven't been paying too close attention. But that's weird. Not the name, the action.

Y/N: Agreed. How was that for inspiration, though?

Tetsuo: My crow doesn't normally have anything with it when it shows up, so I don't know how it applies to me.

Y/N: Forget about the physical, consider the mental. What's something weird yours does?

Tetsuo: He flies

Y/N: Don't they all?

Tetsuo: He flies like a madman. Like he doesn't know how to land.

Y/N: Maybe call him Kaito? It means to fly or soar.

Tetsuo: Kaito, hm?

He pondered the name suggestion with a smirk on his face.

Tetsuo: I like it. I'll call him Kaito. Honestly, I was gonna go with whatever you said.

Y/N: Kaito sounds cool to me.

Tetsuo: So off the topic of birds... What's up with your sword?

**That's right... Tetsuo and I haven't even talked about our swords yet. We've just been in such a rush to get to our first mission ever since we got them.**