Ever Loved? [10]

Until you've recovered, feel free to take things easy and relax. That's what the woman told us when we got here. For the last 13 or so days, this woman and her 2 children have been looking after me and Tetsuo. I didn't realize that I'd lost the bag Urokodaki packed for me during the Final Selection, but it was okay because at this house we were given food, beds, and physical treatment. It felt like a hotel if anything. The woman, Susumu, and her two children, a daughter named Miho and a son named Akihiro, had been tending to any of me or Tetsuo's needs while we recovered from the Final Selection. We were both more or less back in peak condition, but for the sake of being safe, we rested a little while longer.

Tetsuo: You still haven't beaten me.

Akihiro: You're cheating!

Tetsuo and Akihiro were sitting at a table playing some game. I was heading outside to the dining room to meet with Miho and talk. Akihiro wanted to be a Demon Slayer and he loved hearing stories about adventures and travels. Tetsuo had a lot of those, so Akihiro spent a lot of time around him. Miho on the other hand just enjoyed having good deep talks with people. I felt like I could hold a conversation and I wasn't afraid to have real conversations, regardless of age, so Miho grew fonder of me. Akihiro saw me walking by.

Akihiro: Oh, Y/N, hey! Sissy was looking for you.

Y/N: I was just looking for her. Do you know where she went?

Akihiro: Yeah she was outside in the garden last time I saw her.

Y/N: Okay thanks for letting me know. I'll head out there then.

Akihiro: No problem!

I started to walk off to go outside, but Tetsuo jumped up from the table and ran over to me.

Akihiro: What the!?

Tetsuo: Sorry! One second, lad.

Tetsuo started walking with me.

Tetsuo: Did your crow tell you?

Y/N: About the swords, or something else?

Tetsuo: Yes the swords! Our swords are supposed to be coming today!

I was trying to keep it under wraps, but I was just as excited as Tetsuo was to get my sword.

Y/N: You're excited.

Tetsuo: How couldn't I be!? This is... this is...

Y/N: A momentous occasion.

Tetsuo: Yes, that! Aren't you hyped too?

Y/N: For sure, but the more I think about it the more impatient I get. I'm just trying to keep my mind off of it for now.

Tetsuo looked annoyed that he had to wait.

Tetsuo: Fine I'll try that too. Akihiro's been keeping me entertained anyways. Ill get out of your hair. You can go find Miho now.

Y/N: Alright peace.

Tetsuo turned around and went back towards where Akihiro was at. I kept walking until I got to the front door leading out to the garden. Susumu saw me about to head out and approached me.

Susumu: Y/N! Hi! I've received word that your and Tetsuo's swords will be delivered here soon.

Y/N: Yup, I heard from Ringo. Thanks for the reminder.

Susumu: I'm happy for you. I remember when I got my sword. It was the happiest day of my life.

Y/N: Your sword is your pride and joy.

Susumu: Exactly. But even more than that, it's an extension of your own body.

She started wagging her finger in the air.